Anyone Use a Coffee Grinder?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Use a Coffee Grinder?

I need a new coffee grinder. I downloaded the app, and everyone seemed to want to meet at night clubs to discuss what their favorites were. No one seemed to have strong opinions (about coffee grinders, they all seemed to have very strong opinions about me) either after meeting them. So I turn to you.

My old one is cheap and fit well with my old Nuevo Basura Blanco decorating style, but I'm older and make more money so I'd like something nice that will last. I'm ok to spend a little, but I'm also not one to overspend just to overspend. Aesthetically, it obviously doesn't really matter, that was a joke. It's a coffee grinder, not a garden gnome. I'm generally a function over form kind of guy. So does anyone here have a newer grinder they love, or an older model they keep going back to? I'm open to both Automatic and Manual, would prefer a burr grinder to propeller. Would prefer to keep it under $100, but will go up if it's really worth it. I don't needs something huge, as it's usually just one or two of us drinking coffee in the morning.

Take it to Mass St!!

But yes, I have a Cuisinart unit that grinds and brews. Grinding tastes better (THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID- HEYOOOO!), but it's messier, so with that set up, I can also just use ground coffee like a regular coffee maker.

Comment

weird, I thought I did this on Mass Street. Joe Norris can you move this for me?

Comment

Dumbass

Comment

giphy.gif
          Idiot
          Last edited by KUGDI; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by GardArmighty View Post
            Take it to Mass St!!

But yes, I have a Cuisinart unit that grinds and brews. Grinding tastes better (THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID- HEYOOOO!), but it's messier, so with that set up, I can also just use ground coffee like a regular coffee maker.
            I have this same set up. I feel that it makes much better coffee than preground. The cleanup is a non issue for me, because I have a wife.

Comment

This is the one I have...

1st in Coffee is pleased to offer the Capresso Infinity coffee grinder for less than $100! Get your Capresso Infinity burr grinder from us today.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Anything else I should know? Any other tips that maybe your average dumbass who posts topics on the wrong board might not know about coffee brewing and drinking?

Comment

I use the grinder that I posted above on a daily basis and it has been solid for years. The only negative is that the decals (or paint or whatever) on the top for grind time and how fine you want the grounds has largely worn off over the years. I know the dial settings by sight though, so it's not a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
                    Thanks for the feedback. Anything else I should know? Any other tips that maybe your average dumbass who posts topics on the wrong board might not know about coffee brewing and drinking?
                    ProTip: Adding a small dash of salt to your black coffee will suppress the bitterness. Great to have that little tool in your arsenal when you go to an unfamiliar coffee house and don't know what you're getting.

Comment

I don’t drink coffee, so this what I have for grinders.

Well I find it’s quite the thrill
                      When she grinds me against her will
                      Yes a lap dance is so much better when the strippers cryin

Comment

I like my coffee like I like my women....

Ground up, put in plastic bags, and stored in a freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post

ProTip: Adding a small dash of salt to your black coffee will suppress the bitterness. Great to have that little tool in your arsenal when you go to an unfamiliar coffee house and don't know what you're getting.
                          Wow that’s a great tip. I had never heard that before.

Comment

I want to respond as this topic is on Mass Street but it just doesn't feel like it's posted here. I am out!

EDIT: but yeah, we use the grinder that Fro posted above.

Comment

Originally posted by LifestyleJayhawk View Post
                              I don’t drink coffee, so this what I have for grinders.

Well I find it’s quite the thrill
                              When she grinds me against her will
                              Yes a lap dance is so much better when the strippers cryin
                              ANYTIME...a coffee thread goes full on Bloodhound Gang, we all win. That's just some solid posting right there.

Comment

Working...
                              X