I twexited today.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I twexited today.

Done with twitter. Too toxic. Too much time suck. Got shit to do besides argue with idealogues and insane people. I'll miss some of the good content though, but I can still find those links from other sources.

The only winning move is not to play. The W.O.P.R. said that.

Comment

Yep. Ironically, an article tweeted out (and written) by someone I follow(ed) is what finally convinced me, been thinking about it for a while.

Specifically, this article.

Comment

I never joined Twitter and I'm glad I didn't. That article is spot on.
        I've been contemplating getting rid of Facebook, but I do promotion material that gets posted and need to monitor it to make sure it's showing up correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by swidman View Post
          I never joined Twitter and I'm glad I didn't. That article is spot on.
          I've been contemplating getting rid of Facebook, but I do promotion material that gets posted and need to monitor it to make sure it's showing up correctly.
          I was the opposite. Never have and never will have a Facebook account. My wife does though and I get annoyed with how much time she wastes on there, unfortunately I can't ask her to get off cause she does have a side business she promotes on there. Sigh.

Heh, just remembered I have a google plus account, which I've never actually used. Think I might as well go close that too.

Comment

Never been on Twitter or any other social media other than Facebook — and I was a super-late adopter to that. FB is a great way to stay in touch with family and friends who don’t live close by. But even then I mostly only use it for hobby groups of stuff that I’m into — not unlike the BBS’s of yore.

Twitter seems aptly names since it’s mostly mindless chirping that amounts to annoying background noise.

Comment

I use Facebook for work, but hardly at all for personal stuff. Occasionally I'll get an event invite from someone who prefers FB for tracking RSVPs than a group text or other form, but I've never gotten into the muck of commenting on news stories, politics and whatnot.

Twitter can be a pain too, but for various reasons I find it a little easier to curate. The mute features in particular are helpful.
              Last edited by NoPantsChico; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

I check into Twitter about once every month or two. I don't like it, per se. I have gone to conferences or seen talks where back-channeling happens on Twitter so that's been the only semi useful thing I've found with the service since I joined in 2007 or 2008 (the same day as dubya Bush).

I like Facebook. I never feel like I waste too much time. Though, I hide people I don't like or don't care at all about.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post

I was the opposite. Never have and never will have a Facebook account...
                  I'm with Wolfie - never had Facebook, but have had Twitter. I only follow 130 and most of those are sports writers, some coaches/teams, recruiting sites, and my kids' school and sports teams accounts. And I avoid political topics at all cost. I could see where that and the social media celebrities (Kardashians, etc) could drive a person insane. No thanks.

Comment

No Facebook - never saw the need for it. I do love my twitter. Of course it helps that I captain the awesome WTW twitter account and just follow KU-centric accounts for the most part. Image result for jayhawk emoji

Comment

I'm on FB but rarely look at it or post. I love Twitter and that's where I spend most of my SM time. I have changed the way I use it drastically over the past 8 years or so, and it's now my go-to platform.

Comment

I was going to say, if you're going to quit twitter, I definitely understand that, but you should still follow us, Lifer does a helluva a job!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
                          I was going to say, if you're going to quit twitter, I definitely understand that, but you should still follow us, Lifer does a helluva a job!
                          Thank you kind sir. blob sunglasses hangouts blob

Comment

Working...
                          X