9 months of Sobriety Bichezzzzz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Impuro View Post
    Congratulations. Here's to many, more days of sobriety; even if KU wins 2 or 3 NCs and if our football team wins 4 or more games next year!
    haha yeah, if you think about the timing, I sobered up just in time for the final four run.....I wanted to go to lawrence to party, but at that time, it wasn't a smart thing to do....maybe in a year or two

thanks swidman! I appreciate it, it's not easy, that's for sure, but I've got a pretty damn good supporting cast around me

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
      I'm actually getting bloodwork tomorrow for the first time since February 2017...cautiously optimistic to see what it looks like
      Hopefully it's red!

Comment

This Bud’s for you, “Mr. I quit drinking guy.”

congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the "point and laugh at the crazy drunks" club.

Comment

Congrats, Joe! Nine months is a big deal. Curious about your bloodwork. What other physiological changes have you experienced? Has there been substantial weight loss? I'm considering doing the same either this month or Feb as I haven't done a complete month free of the sauce since a long time ago. I've found myself drinking substantially less anyways in my advancing age so it's been more of a phase-out vs going cold turkey. What you're doing is important on multiple levels and nine months means it has either or is about to become the new normal. Getting there is the hardest part so again, congrats!

Comment

Congrats! 9 months is really impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by Hokken View Post
                  Congrats, Joe! Nine months is a big deal. Curious about your bloodwork. What other physiological changes have you experienced? Has there been substantial weight loss? I'm considering doing the same either this month or Feb as I haven't done a complete month free of the sauce since a long time ago. I've found myself drinking substantially less anyways in my advancing age so it's been more of a phase-out vs going cold turkey. What you're doing is important on multiple levels and nine months means it has either or is about to become the new normal. Getting there is the hardest part so again, congrats!
                  Thanks, Hokken, Sean, and Dewars! I appreciate it. I don't have anything to hide, so here's a look at a comparison I made between my bloodwork while still drinking in 2017 compared to the bloodwork I got for my physical tomorrow (yes, I know my Cholesterol and Blood Sugar are too high, I'm working on it, granted, the holidays are probably not the best time to look at these numbers):

I think I'm most excited about the liver (ALT/AST) numbers, the high ranges are 55 and 34 respectively, so I'm really glad those are back in line.....I had no idea what to expect

Comment

Looks like you're headed in the right direction, Joe. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Meant to add Hokken , ive lost 55 pounds (gained a few back over the holidays, D'Oh) and I'm sleeping way better...it's been phenomenal

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
                        Meant to add Hokken , ive lost 55 pounds (gained a few back over the holidays, D'Oh) and I'm sleeping way better...it's been phenomenal
                        Holy shit that's fantastic. I'm going to try and lose some gut this weekend should tomorrow be like today. I should've called in sick today and attempted to burn my bald dome in January.

Comment

Working...
                        X