9 months of Sobriety Bichezzzzz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 months of Sobriety Bichezzzzz

So, I haven't shared about my sobriety in a minute so it's my time to remind you all that I don't drink anymore, cause I'm sure everyone has forgotten

But seriously, I made it through Christmas for the first time in 10+ years without being loaded and it feels awesome!

I hit 9 months today and it's been a crazy and awesome ride...having more energy and being present all the time has been incredible

This is not an indictment on drinking at all, I wish I could handle it like a normal person, but my sister was supposed to go to dinner with her friend today, but the friend cancelled because she was too hungover and just felt like shit....I thought to myself about how much stuff I used to miss out on cause I was in bed in the dark nursing a hangover while still getting hammered the next day

Anyway, I know other people have their vices as well and I wish you all well in whatever journey you may be on yourself...I've had numerous people reach out to me on this site or facebook just to share what they're struggling with or to encourage me and I want you all to know that I really appreciate it

Just a stream of consciousness and now I'm off to smoke a Cuban to celebrate provided by lumberjack

Hope everyone had a great Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, December 25th, whatever you celebrate

It moved.

Comment

Congrats, Havnt seen you post the last few days, i was wondering if you fell off the wagon, or found yourself a chick.

Comment

Originally posted by okjayhawker View Post
        Congrats, Havnt seen you post the last few days, i was wondering if you fell off the wagon, or found yourself a chick.
        Thanks!

Ha, and neither, just have family in town and have been keeping busy

Comment

Congrats Joe! A tough journey, but I'm proud of you! Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by GardArmighty View Post
            Congrats Joe! A tough journey, but I'm proud of you! Keep it up!
            Thanks man, it was kinda sad being around everyone else that could share in wine and champagne over the holidays, but ultimately, I didn't miss it

I had my Welch's Rose and I was all set! haha

Comment

I get it, and I'll bet that desire was still there. I think that will fade with time.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

Thanks man, it was kinda sad being around everyone else that could share in wine and champagne over the holidays, but ultimately, I didn't miss it

LOL.... I had Welch's Rose for Christmas dinner, as well! Keep it up, Joe. You're doing great!

Comment

Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post

LOL.... I had Welch's Rose for Christmas dinner, as well! Keep it up, Joe. You're doing great!
                  Thanks! and ha, yeah, I thought it was pretty damn good....I had some apple/grape stuff at thanksgiving and I wasn't a fan...I think they're good separate

Comment

Congratulations Joe!!
                    9 months is a big accomplishment. Anyone who can get through a KU football season without drinking has it under control.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

We do an annual friend dinner the weekend before Christmas. About 10 couples. Always a gift exchange where you play a game with dice to see what gift you get, stealing involved, etc., etc., etc. Women have their own pile, men another. Well, a lot of the dudes just get a bottle, but it's pretty easy to know what you're getting there and all these folks know me well and know I no longer drink. Gift exchange gets underway, I pick this gift that looks like a fishing pole in a case, safe right?

Turns out it was a series of shooters (those little airplane bottles of booze), the guy that brought the gift kept trying to steal it from me and I kept taking it back, not knowing what it was. He felt terrible about it, I had a laugh and traded it for a nice cordless screwdriver set.

Each Christmas it gets easier, especially as the circle around you that knows you don't drink gets larger.

Comment

Originally posted by illinijhawk View Post

We do an annual friend dinner the weekend before Christmas. About 10 couples. Always a gift exchange where you play a game with dice to see what gift you get, stealing involved, etc., etc., etc. Women have their own pile, men another. Well, a lot of the dudes just get a bottle, but it's pretty easy to know what you're getting there and all these folks know me well and know I no longer drink. Gift exchange gets underway, I pick this gift that looks like a fishing pole in a case, safe right?

Turns out it was a series of shooters (those little airplane bottles of booze), the guy that brought the gift kept trying to steal it from me and I kept taking it back, not knowing what it was. He felt terrible about it, I had a laugh and traded it for a nice cordless screwdriver set.

Each Christmas it gets easier, especially as the circle around you that knows you don't drink gets larger.
                        Ha, that's awesome that he was trying to steal it from you...I love it when friends are supportive and try to help you avoid alcohol while not making it SUPER obvious

and thanks, Lurch22 ! Honestly, this was the most fun I've had with KU football since I was in school...so nice to remember the games, even if sometimes it was painful to watch beaty "coach"

Comment

I'm actually getting bloodwork tomorrow for the first time since February 2017...cautiously optimistic to see what it looks like

Comment

Congrats on your sobriety. I have a friend who has been sober for a little over a year now. It's gotta be a tough journey. Keep it up, Joe.

Comment

Congratulations. Here's to many, more days of sobriety; even if KU wins 2 or 3 NCs and if our football team wins 4 or more games next year!

Comment

Working...
                              X