Christmas gifts you get every year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas gifts you get every year

We all have them. Those Christmas gifts you seem to get year after year after year. Here are mine:

Chocolate Covered Cherries - My mother-in-law got these for me every year along with a bag of cashews. It should be pointed out that I LOVE Chocolate Covered cherries and cashews so this was always a much appreciated gift. I had to hide them from my wife and kids.

Kiefs Gift certificate -Always got a $5 gift certificate to Kiefs when I was a kid. Kiefs was the record store on 23rd and Iowa in Lawrence for those of you youngens

$5 from my one Grandmother, but my brother and I always knew it was really from mom and dad because my grandparents on my mothers side never gave a shit about any of the grandkids.

Underwear - My grandmother on my dads side always got the kids underwear for Christmas, but she would hang them on the tree like tinsel. Made for quite the festive tree, with the ornaments mixed in with tighty whities

The same grandmother who hung underwear on the tree always gave my brother and I ting-a-ling bingo as well. I mean ALWAYS. Every single yea. I was in my 30's getting ting a ling bingo for Christmas. Says right on the box "For ages 4-8" but I don't think grandma ever noticed. Best we could figure is somewhere she bought a crate of these suckers and stashed them for christmas presents

AMC gift card from the in-laws. And I look forward to it every year. Love being able to just go to the movies whenever I want and not have to worry about the "budget".
    My mother gives me a new calendar every year.

Comment

Lately it's been an amazon gift card

Comment

Gonorrhea. Usually from my Christmas hooker.

Comment

I have no doubt Frobz frequents providers.

My addition is my annual shipment of my Aunt's absolutely terrible homemade cookies. I guess none of us has ever told her that they're horrible.

side note: I always hated boring gifts like "socks and jocks" as the Brits say, but as a putative adult, I now cherish the crap out of such things.

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
              You should gift wrap your package before stuffing any stockings.

Comment

Originally posted by GardArmighty View Post

You should gift wrap your package before stuffing any stockings.
                Kind of weak, I expected more out of a 5000th post.

Comment

Dammit! Wasn't even paying attention!

Comment

Originally posted by beakumhawks View Post
                    We all have them. Those Christmas gifts you seem to get year after year after year. Here are mine:

Chocolate Covered Cherries - My mother-in-law got these for me every year along with a bag of cashews. It should be pointed out that I LOVE Chocolate Covered cherries and cashews so this was always a much appreciated gift. I had to hide them from my wife and kids.
                    My wife has given chocolate covered cherries to her dad every year since she was a kid. He only likes the liquid centers, and I guess that’s getting harder for her to find them. I think she orders them online now.

Comment

Every year I’m gifted with disappointment from my parents. It’s nice to be able to look forward to something every year.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
                        Every year I’m gifted with disappointment from my parents. It’s nice to be able to look forward to something every year.
                        They told me the same about you. Perspective!

Comment

Originally posted by Lurch22 View Post

They told me the same about you. Perspective!
                          That's what I meant. They are disappointed in me. Not the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                          X