CBD: Snake Oil or Real Deal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GardArmighty View Post
    I love you ED and I know I can come off as a douche.

But still, I've researched the shit out of this, and an MD palliative care physician on my science based medicine panel agrees with me, but I'm open to good evidence.
    I'd much rather you give us the straight dope as you see it man.

Comment

FrobozMumbar Fwiw, all products in California list the amount of CBD and THC and, as of a few months ago, require independent lab testing to confirm those numbers.

Comment

I liken CBD to using fish oil and vitamins. I've had headaches where a quick and very small amount of CBD wax negates the pain within 5 minutes. Purely anecdotal, no spreadsheets, efficacy studies or FDA involvement. I also feel very strongly that our government shouldn't prohibit me from ingesting single malt or Bourbon even if both could potentially be fatal if abused. I don't drink/drive, do the vast majority of imbibing at home. And if I want to enjoy edibles in the privacy of my home I should damn well be able to. Anyone pointing out the dangers of THC while ignoring this thing called "HAPPY HOUR" or somehow glossing over the fact that opioids are still legally dispensed and making companies like Purdue Pharma and Mallinckrodt a shit-ton of money should probably consider fucking off instead.

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post

There is not a single CBD product that’s available OTC that is regulated by the FDA. As such, like many unregulated supplements, etc., they don’t necessarily contain what they claim to contain, and many products that claim to contain no THC have been shown to have it. It’s still not legal (I don’t think) to sell CBD products across state lines, but if the OP is getting some without a prescription then he can’t be certain that whatever he’s getting doesn’t contain THC, perhaps even enough to pop hot. I’m just saying that at this point, you can’t trust the labels on OTC CBD products in any state in the U.S. where they’re available.

Unless you have some knowledge that Texas is actively regulating the contents of OTC CBD oil, I’m not sure we’re talking about the same kind of regulation.
          CBD is not available OTC in Texas. And don't get me wrong, I'm not professing that CBD is some sort of panacea. I too am skeptical of the supplement market. But I do think it has been shown to have a therapeutic effect for kids with certain kinds of epilepsy. Beyond that, I don't have an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokken View Post
            I liken CBD to using fish oil and vitamins. I've had headaches where a quick and very small amount of CBD wax negates the pain within 5 minutes. Purely anecdotal, no spreadsheets, efficacy studies or FDA involvement. I also feel very strongly that our government shouldn't prohibit me from ingesting single malt or Bourbon even if both could potentially be fatal if abused. I don't drink/drive, do the vast majority of imbibing at home. And if I want to enjoy edibles in the privacy of my home I should damn well be able to. Anyone pointing out the dangers of THC while ignoring this thing called "HAPPY HOUR" or somehow glossing over the fact that opioids are still legally dispensed and making companies like Purdue Pharma and Mallinckrodt a shit-ton of money should probably consider fucking off instead.
            I agree that Marijuana and it’s by-products shouldn’t be regulated by the federal govt, and especially putting it the same category as heroin is stupid. If you want to take it at home or at a friend’s and not drive home, that should be your business.

The problem is when you go to a dispensary with friends you’ll find them making all sorts of claims. When asked why I don’t smoke it (I rarely smoke anything due to asthma), I’ve had multiple bud tenders (as they are called here) tell me that this strain or that will actually cure it, and there are proven results.

And that is the very definition of a snake oil salesman. Making claims, especially medical ones, that your average person might not be savvy enough to recognize as bs in order to move product.

Comment

Amen KUGDI. Welcome to my world. I fight that shit every single day.

Comment

Working...
              X