What tie do I need?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sean View Post
    Bought my tie today. Has hints of the jacket color and some blue as well. I need to send the suit and shirt to the dry cleaners, but here's how it all comes together.
    Are you sure that shirt is white? Looks kind of off white in the pic. I would go with the whitest white.

Comment

It's not white and has a yellowish tone (e.g., I thought olive and yellow would complement each other -- but I have matching skills about like Gard). I do have white, so I'll go with white white. Thanks.

Comment

Go with Neon White. Thank us later.

Comment

It's not white and has a yellowish tone (e.g., I thought olive and yellow would complement each other -- but I have matching skills about like Gard). I do have white, so I'll go with white white. Thanks.

Look good, feel good.
          Feel good, play good.
          Play good, pay good.
          Pay good, live good.
          Live good, die good.

Easy as that.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
            Go with Neon White. Thank us later.
            Thanks. I just ordered one (and it glows in the dark in case the electricity goes out during my day of interviewing -- always prepared).

Neon-Colored-Dress-Shirts.jpg

Comment

Thanks. I just ordered one (and it glows in the dark in case the electricity goes out during my day of interviewing -- always prepared).

Ay chihuahua!

Comment

Originally posted by Rilla View Post

Are you sure that shirt is white? Looks kind of off white in the pic. I would go with the whitest white.
                Yes, this. If you can find a white that's whiter than white, do that. It should be so white that it builds a wall on the southern border.

Comment

Knock ‘em dead, Coach Drew.

Comment

Wikijobs notes:
                    How are tie colors perceived?

How colors are perceived:
                    • Blue: Confident, reliable, honest. Wearing a strong blue tie is a good idea for interview!
                    • Brown: Confident, resilient, boring. Brown can be an excellent choice for an interview situation, but be careful. Some brown ties can look terrible, and your interviewer will pick up on this. Make sure you get a second opinion on how you look before you step out.
                    • Red: Assertive, bold, confident. Be aware that this may make you appear overbearing, over-assertive, cocky or arrogant in an interviewers eyes.
                    • Yellow/Orange: Quirky, unusual, off-beat. These colors will get you remembered, but not necessarily for the right reasons. More suited to creative/media jobs.
                    • Black: A black suit will always look good, but you should never wear a black tie to an interview.
                    • Grey: Stylish, but can be dull.
                    • Green: Not a good color for interview, unless it’s a pastel shade. Green is often associated with untrustworthiness and deceit.
                    • Striped: Be careful when wearing stripes. Too many stripes will make you seem slightly unhinged and may make your interviewer nervous.
                    What you meant to say...
                    BLUE: Your balls are aching with the urge to burst forth some fresh man mustard all over the Director of HR's desk. Use caution here unless she's a ho.
                    BROWN: Job, schmob...you're there to shit. You're interested in only getting paid to poop and owning that last stall, the one with handles. Because you've earned it.
                    RED: You will FUCKING ALPHA MALE THE SHIT OUT OF ANYONE DARING TO TALK TO YOU IN THE COURSE OF YOUR EMPLOYMENT MOTHERFUCKERS.
                    YELLOW: You're into long, thoughtful walks along the beach and rolling up your hems.
                    ORANGE: You're Dutch and you're proud.
                    BLACK: Undertakers love this look. For the rest of the suit wearing world, it says you're goth and or really depressed.
                    GREY: Nothing tells the office that you're old like a grey tie.
                    GREEN: Green ties have to be made out of recycled ocean plastic and drinking straws to be effective. It also lets people know you're Irish AF too.
                    STRIPED: Fucking ticking timebomb. Stripes will scare corporate types to their hollow cores if worn during an interview. Afterwards, no big deal.

IF YOU REALLY WANT THE JOB: Rock that shirt with the sweet-ass green trim while plopping down a bluetooth speaker and rocking out "What Is Love" by Haddaway while making aggressive eye contact with interviewer, all the while staying on the beat below the belt. Nod menacingly while unbuttoning the next two buttons and never smile. It lets people know that you'll lead by quiet example...until the Godless Winter Solstice "Holiday" Party where you'll randomly select an otherwise academic looking female colleague and you let her know in no uncertain terms that you know how to fucking party. #thenthey'llrespectyou

Comment

Working...
                    X