Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kansas coming in at #7!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kansas coming in at #7!

    7th best. Meanwhile, and not surprising to anyone who lives here, Colorado is 8th worst. Connecticut is 3rd worst thus solidifying my unabated hatred of that state.

    Hawaii is #1, and I’ll bet they’re still the happiest drivers out there!
    Getting behind the wheel can be a peaceful experience for Americans rolling across open roads in the Great Plains and Midwest, while drivers near the coasts are more likely to be sitting in traffic. North Dakota slides into the top spot when it comes to states that are affordable, safe and reliable for drivers, according to the 2018 Bankrate Best States for Drivers Study.

  • #2
    I’ll be driving through Connecticut next week. Why do you have a hatred of that state? I’ve only been there one other time.

    Comment


    • #3
      The people suck, their food sucks (bland as hell), the roads suck, the drivers suck, the taxes sucked, left hand exits everywhere, the weather sucks, Lyme disease, mosquitos, stupid laws, shitty shoreline, state is bankrupt, politicians are corrupt, there’s nothing to do in the state other than leave it, Gilmore Girls was based there, crime is horrible, racist as hell.

      If if I can think of anything else, I’ll let you know.

      Comment


      • #4
        Kansas does have good drivers. Especially, if you drive to Texas you realize how shitty OK and TX drivers are in comparison. I fucking hate drivers in those two states. They have no idea how to drive on a highway, that the left lane is for passing, how to set a fucking cruise control, etc.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
          The people suck, their food sucks (bland as hell), the roads suck, the drivers suck, the taxes sucked, left hand exits everywhere, the weather sucks, Lyme disease, mosquitos, stupid laws, shitty shoreline, state is bankrupt, politicians are corrupt, there’s nothing to do in the state other than leave it, Gilmore Girls was based there, crime is horrible, racist as hell.

          If if I can think of anything else, I’ll let you know.
          Can you be more specific?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post

            Can you be more specific?
            “Yeah, but other than that it’s great!”

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lurch22 View Post
              I’ll be driving through Connecticut next week. Why do you have a hatred of that state? I’ve only been there one other time.
              Didn't we have a whole thread about that? I swear I read it

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

                Didn't we have a whole thread about that? I swear I read it
                I either missed that thread or it fell victim to my 24hr memory.

                Comment


                • #9
                  It was my thread about how much the Northeast sucks in general.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
                    It was my thread about how much the Northeast sucks in general.
                    You just jogged my horrific memory. I remember responding to say that I was from Maine. Just difference of opinion, but I actually enjoy most of the Northeast. People are generally more rude, but I don’t usually interact with people I don’t know. Also, the traffic is shitty.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Hawker007 View Post
                      Kansas does have good drivers. Especially, if you drive to Texas you realize how shitty OK and TX drivers are in comparison. I fucking hate drivers in those two states. They have no idea how to drive on a highway, that the left lane is for passing, how to set a fucking cruise control, etc.
                      Add Omaha drivers to your worst list.

                      I was in Germany last month and was on the Autobahn...Germans know how to drive.

                      The left lane is only for passing as quickly and safely as possible, not for Sunday driving. You end up looking in your mirrors 100x more than you would here in the States, to be sure you’re out of the way of faster vehicles. And when you’re passing another car going a slightly slower speed, you accelerate around them and get back into the right lane; not rely on cruise control to take 5 minutes to get around them. Plus many more examples.

                      I wish driving schools here taught like like they do there.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by markhawk View Post

                        Add Omaha drivers to your worst list.

                        I was in Germany last month and was on the Autobahn...Germans know how to drive.

                        The left lane is only for passing as quickly and safely as possible, not for Sunday driving. You end up looking in your mirrors 100x more than you would here in the States, to be sure you’re out of the way of faster vehicles. And when you’re passing another car going a slightly slower speed, you accelerate around them and get back into the right lane; not rely on cruise control to take 5 minutes to get around them. Plus many more examples.

                        I wish driving schools here taught like like they do there.
                        THIS x a million!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by markhawk View Post

                          Add Omaha drivers to your worst list.

                          I was in Germany last month and was on the Autobahn...Germans know how to drive.

                          The left lane is only for passing as quickly and safely as possible, not for Sunday driving. You end up looking in your mirrors 100x more than you would here in the States, to be sure you’re out of the way of faster vehicles. And when you’re passing another car going a slightly slower speed, you accelerate around them and get back into the right lane; not rely on cruise control to take 5 minutes to get around them. Plus many more examples.

                          I wish driving schools here taught like like they do there.
                          They just passed a new law in Oklahoma to make it illegal to impede faster traffic in the left lane. It’s been in effect for nearly a year. It’s considerably better than before, but still a bunch of oblivious dumbasses breaking that new law.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            List is garbage. You can't tell me only six states zipper merge.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by markhawk View Post

                              Add Omaha drivers to your worst list.

                              I was in Germany last month and was on the Autobahn...Germans know how to drive.

                              The left lane is only for passing as quickly and safely as possible, not for Sunday driving. You end up looking in your mirrors 100x more than you would here in the States, to be sure you’re out of the way of faster vehicles. And when you’re passing another car going a slightly slower speed, you accelerate around them and get back into the right lane; not rely on cruise control to take 5 minutes to get around them. Plus many more examples.

                              I wish driving schools here taught like like they do there.
                              Ja, genau! Where were you? I drove on the 3 this summer from Regensburg down through Passau and then into Austria. What you wrote is unknown fantasy to so many idiot American drivers but so true in the German-speaking world. They take it seriously, they don't text/drive and for fucks sake they stay out of the passing lane.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X