Is $1,000 worth it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
    Is it still squatting if someone’s using the account in the manner in which the social media company intended? I figure it wouldn’t matter if a judge ruled that KU had a right to the username via trademark, but genuinely curious since Sean seems to post to those pages somewhat regularly and doesn’t try to pass them off as being connected with KU in any form.
    Again, not an expert, but to me the alarm bells aren't going off when you're simply using the name for innocuous reasons. The alarm bells go off when you're profiting on it. But again, not an expert. Just where I'd be careful.

Comment

I told the guy no for Instagram, but then he wanted Twitter for $1,000. I'll probably do that and it's easier to transfer.

I think LARP, NCP, and ED are correct in that I am not trying to pass myself off as KU or the Jayhawk mascot, but I am clearly a jayhawk as I post content about being a KU fan from time to time. I have an email account that is jayhawk, Fb, Instagram, Twitter, and more, so it would be hard to suggest that I am not a jayhawk (along with a B.S., Master's, and Ph.D. from KU). I am pretty good about grabbing the name when services open up. Heh. Not all are worthwhile (e.g., I have jayhawk on Flickr, which I use often, but I think Flickr has a bleak future).
      Last edited by sean; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by sean View Post
        I told the guy no for Instagram, but then he wanted Twitter for $1,000. I'll probably do that and it's easier to transfer.

I think LARP, NCP, and ED are correct in that I am not trying to pass myself off as KU or the Jayhawk mascot, but I am clearly a jayhawk as I post content about being a KU fan from time to time. I have an email account that is jayhawk, Fb, Instagram, Twitter, and more, so it would be hard to suggest that I am not a jayhawk (along with a B.S., Master's, and Ph.D. from KU). I am pretty good about grabbing the name when services open up. Heh. Not all are worthwhile (e.g., I have jayhawk on Flickr, which I use often, but I think Flickr has a bleak future).

Comment

Comment

soapbox, I'll sell you facebook.com/jayhawk for $10,000. Everything has a price and I am easy.

Comment

Originally posted by sean View Post
              soapbox, I'll sell you facebook.com/jayhawk for $10,000. Everything has a price and I am easy.
              "Everything has a Price" What is that the whore's credo? Is it written on the front doorsteps of Whore Palace?
              (This would be a good time to mention that I am in fact fucking with you and would have taken the money in a heartbeat because I'm a giant man-whore)

Comment

But I won't kiss on the lips . . . it's too personal.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post

Again, not an expert, but to me the alarm bells aren't going off when you're simply using the name for innocuous reasons. The alarm bells go off when you're profiting on it. But again, not an expert. Just where I'd be careful.
                  Not sure if this applies but a guy I know has a standing $150K offer for his internet domain name. From a Chinese company.

Comment

Originally posted by Thejayhawk78 View Post

Not sure if this applies but a guy I know has a standing $150K offer for his internet domain name. From a Chinese company.
                    fukyu.com?

Comment

sean Was it that edyj guy that commented on your pic of the pumpkin pie? https://www.instagram.com/edyj/

He's got some interesting content and I'm not sure your followers will appreciate his style as much as they do your lovely photography.

Maybe give them a heads up before you hand over the keys to the kingdom...
                      Last edited by Rilla; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Yes, it was that guy. I am not selling instagram to him. I can change my twitter handle from jayhawk to something else and keep all of my connections. I'd instantly grab jayhawk with a new email account and then sell it without any followers. But this guy seems like such a waste for the account, so I just decided not to do it. Not worth it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X