Happy Thanksgiving ......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving ......

What ya got planned? We alternate holidays with our kids and grandkids,(every other year they go to their spouses families) So this is our "On" year so we have the whole crew at our home. Plus my wifes parents are here, so we have a house full. My mother in law tends to drive me crazy, so I have whiskey at the ready if the need arises! :) The weather is going to be really nice, so we can send the kiddos out side if they get too rowdy.
    Anybody flying? I see reports of how busy the airports are, dont think I will ever fly on a holiday.

Cheers

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. Just staying locally. Going to have dinner with my sister's family, and my mom and stepdad. Good luck with the MIL! I will be having wine as my fortifier. .

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by beakumhawks View Post
        That was an awesome episode. I think Arthur said "As God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly"

Comment

Originally posted by okjayhawker View Post

That was an awesome episode. I think Arthur said "As God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly"
          I recorded this episode on METV the other day and watched it last night. Probably one of the single most funny scenes in TV sitcom history. Gordon Pumps character, Arthur "Big Guy" Carlson does say the above quote.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Wheat friends.

Got some locally made hard cider to drink while watching Bears game. Then we are going out with to meet my parents and sister's family at Cooper's Hawk. I've never had a Thanksgiving day meal at a restaurant, but my mother didn't want to cook (not a bad thing). This is the first Thanksgiving I've spent with my side of the family in over a decade. Lots of dysfunction and I was surprised by getting an invite from my mother. So this will be strange and I will be cautiously optimistic about the event.

Tomorrow, my wife, daughter and I are going to have our regular Thanksgiving dinner. Can't wait to cook the turkey.

GO BEARS!

Comment

Happy Thanksgivings all!

My in-laws came up from Texas yesterday, and we had a meal before the KU game. Spending today just hanging out with my immediate family. I was planning to go to Emporia, America for my familiy’s big dinner on Saturday, but my 13 yr old black lab has taken a turn for the worse. We may need to put him down in the coming days, and he can’t be left alone.

Comment

Working. Just another day. (Actually, I'll work a shift and a half, today.)

Comment

Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post
                  Working. Just another day. (Actually, I'll work a shift and a half, today.)
                  Damn Miss, that stinks!

Comment

My wife made her favorite for Thanksgiving. Reservations!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

My daughter is home from college and she wanted to cook. We're having brisket and pumpkin pie (at least that's what I remember; though, there is much more). We have turkey, but won't make it until Saturday because we felt like brisket instead today. Happy turkey day to the rest of you and happy brisket day to me. Except for TC . . . happy time and a half day -- I hope that what you mean by shift and a half.

Comment

Golfing - annual Thanksgiving Day club “tournament.”

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Fore!

Comment

I'm in London with my son and his boyfriend for a right jolly fuckabout. We have already had our fish and chips and now are going out to destroy London, the likes of which it hasn't seen since 1666.

Comment

Originally posted by GardArmighty View Post
                            I'm in London with my son and his boyfriend for a right jolly fuckabout. We have already had our fish and chips and now are going out to destroy London, the likes of which it hasn't seen since 1666.
                            Tell all those cheeky lads they would be speaking bloody German if it wasn't for us.

Comment

Sorry to hear Lurch! That sucks. Down in TX at my in-laws for a few days. The drive/traffic sucks for this holiday.

Comment

Working...
                              X