My son's ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okjayhawker View Post
    I believe your son, I’m just sure the judge will believe the officer. Sucks, but that is the way it is.
    This unfortunately. I was ticket for not stopping for a right on red. To this day, I am sure I had the green arrow. I went to court and asked the officer to recall the specifics. He couldn't, but then the judge asked how how he normally sets up and his view of the light. He answered, and the judge hit his gavel and said guilty. He did tell me I could get a lawyer and appeal it to circuit court if I liked. I didn't wast my time.

Comment

Originally posted by goldblueblood View Post

This unfortunately. I was ticket for not stopping for a right on red. To this day, I am sure I had the green arrow. I went to court and asked the officer to recall the specifics. He couldn't, but then the judge asked how how he normally sets up and his view of the light. He answered, and the judge hit his gavel and said guilty. He did tell me I could get a lawyer and appeal it to circuit court if I liked. I didn't wast my time.
      Land of the free, y'all. Land of the free.

Comment

To "collect and serve". They want that money.

Comment

I went to court in a small town in Wisconsin to contest a "5 Over" speed trap ticket. Headed down a steep hill....went from 30 to 20. I got nipped at 25. The 20mph sign was well hidden behind a tree.

I walked into the court...pictures of the obscured sign in hand. Court room was filled with smoke....despite the fact that there were no smoking signs everywhere...including on the Judge's desk. Judge himself was dragging on a no-filter Camel. I began my empassioned defense about the obscured sign. He smiled...cut me off and stubbed out his cigarette in an ash tray which sat right behind the no smoking sign on his desk.. He sumarily ruled me guilty and noted that "signs are overated .....you people from Illinois have your tollways... think of this street as a tollway" and urged me to appeal if I wanted.. He smiled the biggest shit eating grin I ever saw as I paid my fine and left. Small town justice.

Comment

I helped my son appeal his ticket using an online resource provided to avoid going to court. A police officer and a judge review the written appeal and they can reduce the ticket to a non moving violation (e.g., parking ticket) or wipe it away or keep it. After the review, my son can still request a trial. He asked the reviewer to look at the dash-cam from the police car because he guarantees that it will show that he stopped or it will show that the police officer had his view of the stop sign obstructed. I guess we wait, but I'll provide an update when I learn the result. If he's not happy with the result then I'll contact the DA before the trail.
            Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 3.30.24 PM.png

Comment

Working...
            X