How old do you want to be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old do you want to be?

A Dutch pensioner has started a legal battle to legally change his age and boost his dating prospects.

Emile Ratelband, 69, wants to shift his birthday from 11 March 1949 to 11 March 1969, comparing the change to identifying as being transgender.

"You can change your name. You can change your gender. Why not your age?" he told Dutch paper De Telegraaf.

A local court in the city of Arnhem, south-east of Amsterdam, is expected to rule on the case within four weeks.

Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad reported the court was sceptical of the suit, saying there was no legal mechanism allowing a person to change their birth date.

But Mr Ratelband argued he feels discriminated against because of his age, and that it was affecting his employment chances and his success rate on the dating app, Tinder.

"When I'm 69, I am limited. If I'm 49, then I can buy a new house, drive a different car. I can take up more work," he said.

"When I'm on Tinder and it say I'm 69, I don't get an answer. When I'm 49, with the face I have, I will be in a luxurious position."

Mr Ratelband further argued that according to his doctors he has the body of a 45-year-old, and described himself as a "young god".

The pensioner also said he would renounce his pension if he switched his birth date.

LINK TO STORY

I feel like 27-28 is the perfect age. Old enough to know better, but still too young to care.

Comment

Dude looks 69 to me.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderHawk View Post
        Dude looks 69 to me.
        At least.

Comment

I'm getting old, but I'm loving the age I am. Still healthy, zero meds, still active, etc. Kids are gone, I'm free. My only beef is that I'm considered "old" by most of society. Most people my age look old and act old, which pisses me off.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderHawk View Post
            Dude looks 69 to me.
            Doesn’t matter what you think, if he says he is 49, who are we to say otherwise!

Comment

Age is a social construct invented by The Man to oppress and suppress.

Comment

I just turned 63.... but still trying to decide what I’m gonna do when I grow up.

i went through a phase when I thought it would bee cool to be Joe Norris..... now I’m thinking it would be better to be MissTC....

decisions, decisions....

Comment

Originally posted by robinsonjim View Post
                  I just turned 63.... but still trying to decide what I’m gonna do when I grow up.

i went through a phase when I thought it would bee cool to be Joe Norris..... now I’m thinking it would be better to be MissTC....

decisions, decisions....
                  Well Jim, in our society today you could be both Joe and MissTC plus still identify as 21 all in the same day!

Comment

Bro Raider- I was thinking about striving to be you , too. Just wasn’t sure I could handle that much wealth and power. I do know my limits, after all!! Kindest regards to you and the fam. Anything good to drink, lately?

rj

Comment

Originally posted by robinsonjim View Post
                      Bro Raider- I was thinking about striving to be you , too. Just wasn’t sure I could handle that much wealth and power. I do know my limits, after all!! Kindest regards to you and the fam. Anything good to drink, lately?

rj
                      I've really been enjoying Mitchers Small Batch these days. Great bourbon, especially for the price.

Comment

I feel perpetually 12. My wife thinks I'm more like an 8 year old. Then there are times I feel like I'm still in my early 20's. Either way, at 52 years old on the calendar, I'm not sure I'll ever "act my age".

Comment

No dice.

A district court in the eastern Dutch city of Arnhem was not convinced.

"[U]nlike the situation with respect to a change in registered name or gender, there are a variety of rights and duties related to age, such as the right to vote and the duty to attend school," the court wrote in a statement. "If Mr Ratelband's request was allowed, those age requirements would become meaningless."

There was no evidence that Ratelband had experienced age discrimination, the court said. And it rejected his argument on the basis of free will, writing that "free will does not extend so far as to make every desired outcome legally possible."
                          "Mr Ratelband is at liberty to feel 20 years younger than his real age and to act accordingly," the court continued. "But amending his date of birth would cause 20 years of records to vanish from the register of births, deaths, marriages and registered partnerships. This would have a variety of undesirable legal and societal implications."

Ratelband was not discouraged by the decision. "The reaction of the judges is fantastic, is great," he said. "You know why? Because we have a strategy," he added, referring to his plan to address on appeal the specific reasons the judge gave in rejecting the age change.

Ratelband says he expects his appeal to be heard in the coming months. Ratelband denied bringing his case in order to criticize or discredit transgender people, although he has repeatedly compared his quixotic crusade to their battle to have their gender identity recognized.

Comment

quixotic, great great great scrabble word.

Comment

I realize that this was not in the U.S., but to suggest that age is somehow more unchangeable than gender, etc. due to certain rights and duties being attached to it is faulty logic - and it just demonstrates how stupid this entire far left agenda is. Age is a defined thing based on how many times the Earth has gone around the Sun since you took your first breath. Gender is a physical fact (except in extremely rare chromosomal abnormality situations) and any desire to change it is likely the result of abuse and/or a mental disorder. It’s going to be awesome if this country ever implements the draft again and 75% of the next generation’s “men” suddenly identify with their inner pussy.

The entirety of this judges decision should have read: "What did you just ask for? Get the fuck out of my courtroom. Next case!"
                              Last edited by FrobozMumbar; 1 week ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X