Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the Northeast suck so much?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why does the Northeast suck so much?

    -Games all start stupid late
    ​​​​​​-There’s no sunlight
    -It’s overcrowded
    -It’s rundown
    -People are self-centered and rude
    -No one knows how to drive
    -Their BBQ sucks even worse then Denver’s (and Denver’s SUCKS)
    -They call their hills mountains
    -The food is bland
    -Their farms are tiny

    Thats a good starting 10. I’ll add more later.

  • #2
    It's funny you say this. I was just on a flight home for work and traveling through Denver. We were all going to have a close connection when we got to Denver due to our flight being delayed. I started chatting with the gal next to me and we were having a pleasant conversation. I knew they were flying to Boston. She then asks me, "Where are you headed?". This is a Friday evening flight. I respond "Wichita". She says to my face, "Uggghhh...sorry". I know, Wichita sucks, blah blah blah. But actually, there are a lot of people, including myself, who love Wichita. So, I'm like you stuck up little East Coast bitch. I say to her, "Well, that's not very nice. I love Wichita". It got awkward, and our conversation was over. Hope she felt like shit.

    Comment


    • #3
      Let's start with a lesson in Geography:

      The "Hills" in the Northeast ARE mountains.

      A "Hill" is created by erosion; a "Mountain" is created by the tectonic plates forcing land upwards.

      The Appalachian/Adirondack range is one of the oldest mountain ranges in the world, and existed when all of the continents were one super-continent. The range is actually part of the same chain of mountains as the mountains of Morocco and Scotland. Because this range is very, very old, erosion has worn them down considerably. At one time, they were the tallest mountains on earth, reaching heights similar to the Rocky Mountains and the Alps.

      The range dates back to the Ordovician Period (about 450 to 500 million years ago) and then was worn down to nearly a plain by the end of the Mesozoic Era. It was uplifted again during the Cenozoic Era, creating the topography that is similar to what we see today (minus a few million years of erosion).

      Comment


      • #4
        Here’s my response to your points below compare to Kansas

        Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
        -Games all start stupid late - Not for them (it’s only 1 hr difference)
        ​​​​​​-There’s no sunlight - What? Have you only been there at night.
        -It’s overcrowded - only in the cities.
        -It’s rundown - it’s the oldest part of the country. More history in the NE than the rest of the country.
        -People are self-centered and rude - no real argument here
        -No one knows how to drive - no different than the rest of the world.
        -Their BBQ sucks even worse then Denver’s (and Denver’s SUCKS) - Do you go to the NE for BBQ? They think seafood in KS blows (if you can find it)
        -They call their hills mountains - odd reason to say an area sucks, but okay.
        -The food is bland - you’re eating at the wrong place.
        -Their farms are tiny - because of all the mountains

        Thats a good starting 10. I’ll add more later.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Hawker007 View Post
          It's funny you say this. I was just on a flight home for work and traveling through Denver. We were all going to have a close connection when we got to Denver due to our flight being delayed. I started chatting with the gal next to me and we were having a pleasant conversation. I knew they were flying to Boston. She then asks me, "Where are you headed?". This is a Friday evening flight. I respond "Wichita". She says to my face, "Uggghhh...sorry". I know, Wichita sucks, blah blah blah. But actually, there are a lot of people, including myself, who love Wichita. So, I'm like you stuck up little East Coast bitch. I say to her, "Well, that's not very nice. I love Wichita". It got awkward, and our conversation was over. Hope she felt like shit.
          In my experience, someone from Wichita is about 10x as likely to talk shit on a big city to someone who lives there than vice-versa. If a New Yorker calls Wichita a dump it's rude. Can't tell you how many small town people I've listened to go on and on about how much they don't want to live in NYC.

          OP's list is too bizarre to even argue with. I've never been to Philadelphia. Maybe you're in Philadelphia.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LARPHawk View Post

            In my experience, someone from Wichita is about 10x as likely to talk shit on a big city to someone who lives there than vice-versa. If a New Yorker calls Wichita a dump it's rude. Can't tell you how many small town people I've listened to go on and on about how much they don't want to live in NYC.

            OP's list is too bizarre to even argue with. I've never been to Philadelphia. Maybe you're in Philadelphia.
            Maybe, but I'm not going to go out of my way to tell someone I just met (wherever they may live) that I'm sorry they live there. That's pretty typical of an East Coast asshole with no comprehension that there are other places to live other than the East Coast.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah, the downhill and other Olympic events that they've held at Lake Placid should all have an asterisk next to them.

              Note to the OP...the northeast has its faults like any other part of the country, but as a general rule, Kansans should never, ever talk smack on any other part of the country, especially geographically and more recently, politically.

              Comment


              • #8
                Semi-related, if someone describes people in Paris or NYC as being rude I immediately make a mental note that that person is probably rude. Two of the nicest cities as far as people go imo, but both have minimal tolerance for assholes.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
                  -Games all start stupid late
                  -Their BBQ sucks even worse then Denver’s (and Denver’s SUCKS)
                  Piggin' Out is quality.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post
                    Let's start with a lesson in Geography:

                    The "Hills" in the Northeast ARE mountains.

                    A "Hill" is created by erosion; a "Mountain" is created by the tectonic plates forcing land upwards.

                    The Appalachian/Adirondack range is one of the oldest mountain ranges in the world, and existed when all of the continents were one super-continent. The range is actually part of the same chain of mountains as the mountains of Morocco and Scotland. Because this range is very, very old, erosion has worn them down considerably. At one time, they were the tallest mountains on earth, reaching heights similar to the Rocky Mountains and the Alps.

                    The range dates back to the Ordovician Period (about 450 to 500 million years ago) and then was worn down to nearly a plain by the end of the Mesozoic Era. It was uplifted again during the Cenozoic Era, creating the topography that is similar to what we see today (minus a few million years of erosion).
                    This kind of info turns me on.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      PER MY LAST EMAIL, I live and work in Denver. But I’m in the NE quite a bit.

                      I’m in Connecticut right now and it’s a dogshit state. Paris is nice. Friendlier than the TX version, for sure.

                      The palate here is bland as hell. I took a coworker to an authentic Puerto Rican place, he about threw up bc it was too spicy. It was not.

                      Boston is pretty friendly. Philadelphia is a total dump.

                      Might I remind you Donald J Trump is from NY. And people in Manhattan love him.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I live/like the east coast.

                        https://media.giphy.com/media/aB2WzHFLfuNP2/giphy.gif

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RedEyedGhost View Post

                          Piggin' Out is quality.
                          Nice! I’m not saying there isn’t any good bbq. Burnt End is good too. I’m saying that overall the BBQ sucks in Denver. Likewise, is there good BBQ in the NE? Of course. But overall it sucks. Hoodoo is pretty good.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well, yeah, Connecticut obviously sucks. The entire OP suddenly makes more sense.

                            I think most cities don't have ANY good BBQ (San Diego and LA come to mind), so having ANY good places puts you above average. There are definitely some good spots in Brooklyn.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LARPHawk View Post
                              Well, yeah, Connecticut obviously sucks. The entire OP suddenly makes more sense.

                              I think most cities don't have ANY good BBQ (San Diego and LA come to mind), so having ANY good places puts you above average. There are definitely some good spots in Brooklyn.
                              I’m obviously mostly just kidding around in this whole thread. Mostly because I hate having to wake up two hours earlier on a Monday. And because the Sporting game was on at 10 freaking o’clock last night here. Mostly.

                              The bbq thing in cities, if we’re being fair, is almost always due to smoke/zoning restrictions. It’s hard to make good BBQ when you can’t smoke it. So many resort to boiling the meat and adding smoke flavor which has a noticeable aftertaste.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X