No announcement yet.

Joining the ranks of the telecommuters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitchell and Webb (of peep show fame) talk about the difficulties of working from home...

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
      Joe Norris Tulsa is literally paying telecommuters $10,000 in cash to move there. Hahahahaha
      Haha yup, I saw that yesterday on TV right when I got in town

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
        Joe Norris Tulsa is literally paying telecommuters $10,000 in cash to move there. Hahahahaha
        This could probably be a thread. What would the number be for you to move to Tulsa for a year?

I think I’d do it for 100k. 50k is a solid nope. In between would take some reflection.

Comment

How is that enforced/monitored? Seems rife for fraud.

Comment

Make sure you have a good stable internet connection and a backup connection. The backup could be as simple as a cellphone with hot spot. Make sure you test using your backup in case your main internet dies at a busy time working.

Get one or two old phones and set them up with Google Voice or some other Voip via your WIFI. These will come in handy if you ever have need to be on conference bridges. You can leave your main phone freed up and carry it around the house while listening to a meeting.

Comment

Working...
            X