Jayhawkinhutch Classroom Wishlist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jayhawkinhutch Classroom Wishlist

As a lot of us are or were involved in the phog, I'm always up for a good cause and wanted to give you all the opportunity as well.

jhawkinhutch has had requests in the past, always humble, to help with the cost of books for kids in his classroom...I figured I'd post this over here as we're an educated bunch that like educating our nation's youth, or some of us anyway...we're also all Jayhawks even if we aren't fans of how they run their site sometimes

Here's the message of his thread:

I know many of you are kind and generous and are supporters of public education. Some of you have helped me in the past as I have done Donor's Choose projects to help purchase classroom sets of novels for my classroom. You are always appreciated.

I am now trying to continue to build my classroom library. I stress the importance of reading to my students every day. Part of building readers is giving them a choice in what they read. I have been building my classroom library for some time now, but I am always looking to add more.

I have put together an Amazon Wish List of books I would like to add. If any of you are feeling generous, I would greatly appreciate your donation. If not, I completely understand. If you know others who would like to help support public education, please feel free to pass the link on
    and here's a link to the list

Donate or not, he's always been grateful either way

edit: link to the phog thread if for some reason you wanted to read over there

Are any of these books officially “banned”? If there are any... put me down for those. Those are often the ones that NEED to be read.

im only half kidding about this. I am a fan of supporting this worthy cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
      As a lot of us are or were involved in the phog, I'm always up for a good cause and wanted to give you all the opportunity as well.

jhawkinhutch has had requests in the past, always humble, to help with the cost of books for kids in his classroom...I figured I'd post this over here as we're an educated bunch that like educating our nation's youth, or some of us anyway...we're also all Jayhawks even if we aren't fans of how they run their site sometimes

Here's the message of his thread:

and here's a link to the list

Donate or not, he's always been grateful either way

edit: link to the phog thread if for some reason you wanted to read over there
      Thanks for the share! My fellow Jayhawks are such a good bunch!

Comment

Originally posted by jayhawkinhutch View Post

Thanks for the share! My fellow Jayhawks are such a good bunch!
        Happy to do it. You're welcome around any time

Comment

Happy to do it. You're welcome around any time
          Thanks. I hang around sometimes, but honestly, over the summer break I had kind of forgot about this place. But I will definitely be around.

Comment

I Am Alfonso Jones heading your way.

Comment

Thanks. I hang around sometimes, but honestly, over the summer break I had kind of forgot about this place. But I will definitely be around.
              ha, we have that effect on people, just ask GardArmighty

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderHawk View Post

I was actually going to ask if they disappear when someone buys them, just so they wouldn't double up...that one as well as the one I bought are gone, which seems intuitively how it should be

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Comment

I was actually going to ask if they disappear when someone buys them, just so they wouldn't double up...that one as well as the one I bought are gone, which seems intuitively how it should be
                    That appears to be how it works. This is the first time I have done the wish list. And thank you for the donation. My kids will be excited to have several new books.

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
                      I am a voracious reader, and love to contribute to someone else's possible reading addiction. What age group are we looking at? My son, 12, is loving the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.

Comment

I am a voracious reader, and love to contribute to someone else's possible reading addiction. What age group are we looking at? My son, 12, is loving the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.
                        High school kids. I teach Sophomores and Seniors, but I will often have Juniors come in to my classroom (ones that I had as Sophomores) looking for books or book suggestions.

I will have to take a look at those books. I have heard the name, but have never picked one up.

Comment

High school kids. I teach Sophomores and Seniors, but I will often have Juniors come in to my classroom (ones that I had as Sophomores) looking for books or book suggestions.

I will have to take a look at those books. I have heard the name, but have never picked one up.
                          I've read them all and enjoy them quite a bit. If the goal is to encourage reading, the series is a really fun read.

Comment

I've read them all and enjoy them quite a bit. If the goal is to encourage reading, the series is a really fun read.
                            I looked them up and recognize the covers. Added the first five to my list.

Comment

Thanks to any of you who may have donated. I can see that there are a few books that have been purchased, but I can’t see by who. So a huge thanks to you! We are very grateful!

Comment

Working...
                              X