Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Death Threats on Ohio University Campus!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Threats on Ohio University Campus!

To an LGBT Journalism Student on the Student Senate!!!

Oh wait, no, that's fake:

Anna Ayers, commissioner of the Ohio University Student Senate Appropriations Commission, was arrested by the OU Police Department on Monday and charged with three counts of making false alarms.

Ayers — an OU senior studying journalism, a member of The Post Publishing Board and a previous Post columnist — reported that she received three threatening messages, two in the Student Senate office and one at her residence. An OUPD investigation found that Ayers placed the messages herself prior to reporting them.

According to a previous Post report, Student Senate held a meeting to address the threats made to Ayers last Wednesday. At that point, Senate leadership believed the reports came from another member of the body.

“We are still processing and encouraging our members to take time to heal and utilize campus support resources right now,” Student Senate President Maddie Sloat said in a statement. “We’re complying with the investigation and OUPD. We hope Anna receives the help that she needs.”

According to OUPD’s report, making false alarms is a first-degree misdemeanor that carries a maximum penalty of 6 months in jail and a $1,000 fine. Ayers is scheduled to appear in Athens County Municipal Court on Thursday morning.

Oh, this is probably just guerrilla interview tactics for the internship she's hoping to land at CNN.

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
      Oh, this is probably just guerrilla interview tactics for the internship she's hoping to land at CNN.
      I believe I saw on one article she was a finalist for a washington post position

Comment

Did she say why she did it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
          It was all just satire/comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
            She was starting a conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirehawk View Post

She was starting a conversation.
              With the police? I’m no expert but I think you can just walk up to a police officer and talk to them. Seems drastic, but maybe that’s just how they do things in Ohio.

Comment

Working...
              X