Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is an interesting story (rape trigger)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is an interesting story (rape trigger)

Do not politicize this, anyone that mentions Kavanaugh or posts any stupid memes (either direction) will get deleted and have to spend an evening with Protist in real life /dictatormod

Let's stay on topic here...I'm not entirely sure I follow what happened here, or how a video exonerated these dudes, TONS of details missing

I know her defense was likely that she thought she was assaulted, and that's terrible, but something must have happened on the video to prove otherwise

I also know it'll never change, but it's kinda bogus all these dudes names are out there and she's unnamed

Original Story

Charges Dropped

First Story:

According to an arrest report by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department released late Wednesday, the unidentified woman went with a male friend to the Wynn about 2:30 a.m. Saturday.

She met a man who identified himself as Ali and they began drinking at a bar behind the pool.

In the report, she states that Ali said he had more alcohol in his room and invited her there to continue drinking.

About 10 minutes after they entered the room, she said Badkoobehi pushed her into a large chair and got on top of her and tried to pull her pants down. She said she resisted.

The report says the three other suspects eventually entered the room and forced he to have sex. She said she resisted, but was too intoxicated and too overwhelmed by the number of people attacking to prevent the attacks.

She begged for them to stop, the report says, and eventually she was allowed to gather her clothes and got dressed. She took the elevator down and met her friend.

Second Story:

Prosecutors dropped all charges during a very brief hearing today before Las Vegas Justice Court Judge Eric Goodman.

"After a review of the facts of the case, it was clear that the allegations were completely fabricated," lawyer Robert Draskovich, who represented Badkoobehi, said in a prepared statement. "The (video) evidence confirmed the men's innocence, and the state has cleared them of all charges."

I'd also be interested in hearing what her friend said to her and how much influence she had on her reporting it as a rape. I'm not going to speculate, but these are situations that could be helped with some more damn details

Comment

If it is very clear that she fabricated the story, she needs to be prosecuted, and hopefully thrown in jail for quite a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker007 View Post
        If it is very clear that she fabricated the story, she needs to be prosecuted, and hopefully thrown in jail for quite a long time.
        Will never happen. It should, but it won't.

Comment

It just doesn't reconcile to me that this woman came back to the room, drunk, had sex with these four dudes (if she did) while they videoed and they are not in the wrong, and it's so easily thrown out

I need to clarify, that's not to say I don't believe the guys are telling the truth, it's just, this seems like a slam dunk rape case from the get go just cause she was drunk...if you're drunk, you can't consent, right?

I'm guessing if there's a civil suit, all the details will come out, but these guys are fucked either way, no one will come to their practice anymore

that's hyperbole, but can you imagine researching dentists in the area and "rape accusation" comes up...I'd guarantee a majority of people stop reading there

Comment

And if she is a working girl, then what?

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderHawk View Post
              And if she is a working girl, then what?
              Ha, that literally never crossed my mind....and it's in Vegas

I guess I don't know what difference that would make...you can still rape prostitutes. I would imagine if they paid for one and tried to get a four for one deal, that would be extortion? theft? Isn't prostitution legal in vegas

Comment

Also, at what point are we signing consent forms before every sex act with a stranger?

Granted, I guess that wouldn't matter because consent can be taken away at any moment

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
                  Also, at what point are we signing consent forms before every sex act with a stranger?

Granted, I guess that wouldn't matter because consent can be taken away at any moment
                  It's funny you mention this. I had a fraternity reunion of sorts this past weekend in Lawrence. One of the guys who is single now, we literally made the joke that he needs to carry a waiver in his back pocket and use it as a pick-up line.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker007 View Post

It's funny you mention this. I had a fraternity reunion of sorts this past weekend in Lawrence. One of the guys who is single now, we literally made the joke that he needs to carry a waiver in his back pocket and use it as a pick-up line.
                    I've mentioned this story before here, but in college, I was out one night, wasted cause my finals were done for the semester...there was a girl that I was talking to, but we had never slept together, just kissed. Anyway, I texted her and asked her to pick me up from the bar, cause she was home studying that night. She obliged.

When I woke up the next morning, I was naked and she informed me that we had sex. I have no idea if I consented or not, but I shudder to think what would have happened if she got pissed at me and said I raped her, I would have zero defense and would probably be found guilty...I literally have no recollection of what happened or how I even was in any shape to perform

She said she didn't realize how drunk I was...As you all know, I'm a seasoned alcoholic, I could keep a pretty straight face...so she thought I was good to go...not that it makes it ok

That said, how could I have proved this? What if she just claimed that she was also drunk and I took advantage of her? There is no evidence of anything that happened that night, other than me texting her and asking for a ride.

I never even considered reporting her, cause we were friends, and that was 2006 and I didn't even know guys COULD be raped...I'm not scarred by it or anything, cause I wasn't hurt (physically) I just had no idea what happened...lost a friendship out of it though, cause things got really weird between us

I fully acknowledge that these are all what ifs and none of that happened...it's just one of those things that pops in my head randomly and I shudder to think of how it could have gone the other way

Comment

You will soon be able to purchase my “YouWannaFuck?” app on iTunes for $5.99. Just have them check ‘yes’ or ‘no’ with their thumbprint. In-app purchases available for ID scan, age verification, no take-backs clause, and iFieldSobrietyTest (patent pending).

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post

You will soon be able to purchase my “YouWannaFuck?” app on iTunes for $5.99. Just have them check ‘yes’ or ‘no’ with their thumbprint. In-app purchases available for ID scan, age verification, and iFieldSobrietyTest (patent pending).
                        Lemme blow that up for you, passed out girls still have thumbs and faces...I thought about this idea years ago

I honestly think top athletes should have contracts that require women to take plan B after a night of love making AND require checkups to the doctor for a month after

Comment

There's no real info to go on here. As you point out, a few paragraphs from broadcast journalists does not a story make.

The claim that the video evidence completely exonerates them comes from their lawyer, so it doesn't mean much. Obviously dropped charges signals something, but rape cases are also notoriously hard to prosecute.

I'm of two minds on prosecuting fake rape accusations. Faking a rape claim is one of the more awful things a person can do, not least because it does very real damage to actual rape victims. But putting a stiff penalty on it encourages women not to ever come clean once a rape accusation is made and discourages women who were actually raped from reporting it. Men have been freed after years in prison when a woman retracts her accusation. Those stories are blood-boiling, but if your policy is to jail the woman for that then the net result is likely not that she goes to prison, but that she keeps her mouth shut and the innocent man stays where he is.

Oh, and yes, drunk people can certainly consent. Someone steered you wrong there. What a sad world that would be.

Comment

When I woke up the next morning, I was naked and she informed me that we had sex. I have no idea if I consented or not, but I shudder to think what would have happened if she got pissed at me and said I raped her, I would have zero defense and would probably be found guilty...I literally have no recollection of what happened or how I even was in any shape to perform
                            By what possible evidence would you have been found guilty? There's no evidence there for a guilty verdict.

If her story sounded credible and there was any kind of corroboration of the details then the actual thing you'd need to worry about is having to accept a plea bargain for a lesser charge because you couldn't afford tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees if the prosecution decided her story was credible enough to charge you on.

This is why it's said we have a two-tiered justice system. We guarantee every citizen a fair trial, but few can actually afford that, so well over 90% of convictions happen without any trial. People have no real choice but to waive their constitutional rights.

Comment

Originally posted by LARPHawk View Post

By what possible evidence would you have been found guilty? There's no evidence there for a guilty verdict.

If her story sounded credible and there was any kind of corroboration of the details then the actual thing you'd need to worry about is having to accept a plea bargain for a lesser charge because you couldn't afford tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees if the prosecution decided her story was credible enough to charge you on.

This is why it's said we have a two-tiered justice system. We guarantee every citizen a fair trial, but few can actually afford that, so well over 90% of convictions happen without any trial. People have no real choice but to waive their constitutional rights.
                              Drunk college kid accused of raping a co-ed, I might not have gone to jail, but seeing as how things go these days, I could see how my life would have been altered significantly

Again, as mentioned, these are what ifs that play through my head, obviously they never happened, so I don't have to worry about them

And regarding the "drunk consent", that's a dangerous game to play...it's difficult to prove how drunk one party was after the fact....unless you're video taping all your encounters

I just stick to sleeping WITH people I know and know well

edit: forgot a word
                              Last edited by Joe Norris; 10-02-18, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X