Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KUGDI View Post

Do or do not. There is no might. /j

I'd probably do it in reverse. The book will still be much better, so you'd probably enjoy the movie more up front. Or maybe you'll hate the movie but enjoy the book...
    Yeah, I still don't see how they can effectively make a movie from Herbert's novel. There's just too much that is an internal journey. On one hand, you have this massive Universe built with complex Political strife; On the other, you have these internal motivations and individual journeys- All of which needs to be visually explained to a movie audience before you even get into the complex evolutions of both the Universal and Individual. The scope of it is just so MASSIVE- too massive for a movie to fully encompass. I know they are breaking the first novel into two movies (which is essential); but I still don't see how any director could pull it off (even the great Villeneuve). If I'm not mistaken, they did not shoot the movies in succession (or concurrently, like they did with LOTR) because they still don't know if the audience will be receptive. I will of course be catching multiple viewings of this film; but I will come in more skeptical than excited (lil bit of both).

Comment

• So, upon doing a little bit of research, where in the fuck in Feyd Rautha? You cannot possibly make this film without him. He's is the intended opposite of Paul.

Comment

• Originally posted by soapboxstew View Post
        So, upon doing a little bit of research, where in the fuck in Feyd Rautha? You cannot possibly make this film without him. He's is the intended opposite of Paul.
        He was cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by KUGDI View Post

He was cancelled.
          Fucking Cancel Culture!, Now they're cancelling fictional characters!!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by an()maly View Post
              Another small note: The Baron Harkonnen is seen running in the trailer. I always pictured him floating around due to his severe weight issues.. Pretty sure that's how he was written.

Comment

• Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post

Fucking Cancel Culture!, Now they're cancelling fictional characters!!
                hqdefault.jpg

Comment

Another small note: The Baron Harkonnen is seen running in the trailer. I always pictured him floating around due to his severe weight issues.. Pretty sure that's how he was written.
                  Can't fat shame in 2020!

tenor.gif

Comment

• Comment

• Unfortunately they'll be doing the same release schedule as for The Boyz - three on day 1, and then the rest of the season once per week.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
                        Needs more Lee Majors.

SPOILER

Comment

Spoilery spice below. Depart if you do not want.

The Baron is only in the trailer in two brief shots, the oil/spice bath and a close up shot from behind. Feyd may very well be seen briefly in part one, and then have prominence in part two. I am betting this was meant to be a surprise element when seeing the film. It's not that big a role from the source and he is not a kind of dark side balance of Paul. Beast Rabban has the role of brutally enslaving the Fremen, and Feyd is sent to be the Harkonnen "good cop" to the people to win their cooperation.

The film is delayed until October 2021, which is actually a good thing in several ways, if disappointing regarding the wait. This delay caused Regal theaters to shut down nationwide.

Comment

• This might just be the most Nicholas Cage movie that Nicholas has ever Caged.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedEyedGhost View Post

This might just be the most Nicholas Cage movie that Nicholas has ever Caged.
                              I'm into it.

Comment

Working...
                              X