Trailer thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer thread

I don't think this is deserving of its own thread, so I'll start a general thread instead.

Wow, does this look awful.

blocked at work, what movie?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
      blocked at work, what movie?
      Dark Phoenix

Comment

It's just kinda meh to me. For a comic book movie to get me out to the theatre cause I'm so damn thirsty for it, it has to be completely original. The new Joker movie that is being shot with Joaquin Phoenix, for example, peaks my interest. The Dark Knight series, Infinity War, Deadpool, et al; these are the kinds of comic book flicks that can get me to pay for the pleasure of watching. This one, Dark Phoenix, is one that I'll wait until it's on HBO to watch. I'm not sure Sophie Turner has the acting chops to play a leading role- scratch that, she absolutely does not have the chops to be the lead even (or especially) when she is surround by acting heavyweights like Fassbender and McAvoy (it just makes her look worse). And she's really not so damn gorgeous that her looks can completely cover up her lack of acting skill. Shazaam, while cooky and seemingly marketed to kids, seems far more original and worth while than this one. But that's me...

Comment

Maybe it's nostalgia, but I really want to see this movie. The Phoenix/Dark Phoenix storyline from X-Men in the 80's was one of my favorite storylines from any comic book during my collecting heyday. The fact that the X-Men movies up to this point have only skirted around, and then barely touched on the Phoenix story did that entire movie franchise a serious disservice, IMO.

Comment

This doesn't look anything at all like the book, but I'm definitely in:

This movie looks quite interesting, not sure I'm interested enough to see it in the theater though.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
                Maybe it's nostalgia, but I really want to see this movie. The Phoenix/Dark Phoenix storyline from X-Men in the 80's was one of my favorite storylines from any comic book during my collecting heyday. The fact that the X-Men movies up to this point have only skirted around, and then barely touched on the Phoenix story did that entire movie franchise a serious disservice, IMO.
                I agree, I remember the animated series from my childhood, and I thoroughly enjoyed the Phoenix storyline; but I think they did themselves a huge disservice by casting a bad actress in the leading role. Sophie Turner just cannot carry that role.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
                  Daayyyuuummm
                  That doesn't look like another Rocky money grab, slutting itself out on our 80s nostalgia. It actually looks like a good movie.

Comment

Originally posted by soapboxstew View Post

Daayyyuuummm
                    That doesn't look like another Rocky money grab, slutting itself out on our 80s nostalgia. It actually looks like a good movie.
                    Did you like the first one?

I think this trailer is more revealing than the first one, but I thought it was way more laid back....I can't wait....hope it's good

Comment

Hell yes!

Comment

Originally posted by RedEyedGhost View Post
                        Hell yes!

How has Deborah Ann Woll never taken off as a movie star? I mean:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by soapboxstew View Post

How has Deborah Ann Woll never taken off as a movie star? I mean:

No idea.

Comment

Probably her awful skin.

Comment

Working...
                              X