No announcement yet.

[Serious] Weight Loss/Workout Commitment Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a lot of people don't like to run, so have any of you ever tried either boxing or kickboxing for exercise? Even doing something as simple as buying an upright bag for your home can lead to some great workouts. Plus, you get to hit shit! Nothing like setting a bell for two minutes and just doing some punching and/or kicking drills to blow of some steam and get your cardio going. Doing five two-minute rounds with either 30 seconds or a minute in between rounds will do the trick for starters.

If you feel the need for more structure, go to a local dojo and see what they offer. Those cardio kickboxing classes are good for coordination, but to really get into it, your best bet is to find a dojo or boxing club.

Comment

I've been working out over lunch with two work bros since March. It has definitely changed my muscle tone for the better and drastically reduced the amount that I eat lunch in restaurants, another good thing. What I'm doing now that's different is aiming for more intense and regular cardio...about 75% of my workout time and 25% for lifting. This is only for January as I'm using it as a baseline to compare weight loss before/after. I'm also eating more legumes/lentils with lunch. Yesterday and today were pretty hardcore...one cup of cooked lentils. I usually rock leftovers for lunch at my desk when I get back from the gym but have read about benefits of increased fiber. Will also throw in more green leafy stuff like kale, spinach and chard, along with hard boiled egg, tuna or chicken breasts. I may have to throw in protein shakes afterwards for recovery as well. My target is 225. I was at 243 the week before Christmas and feel like a fatty fatass after typical holidays of bad eating.

While the lifting will always be integral, I feel like irregular but consistent concentrations on cardio are important as well. I'm also getting a bike trainer at Scheels and will be moving my bike downstairs instead of the garage. Goal there is an hour a night...if I'm watching TV, I'm doing so on the bike first.

Comment

Just bought a Peloton Bike and a Peloton Tread. Looking forward to some serious gains.

Comment

02F668F4-59AF-4D56-8DF0-B4A5793DB3BA.jpeg

Comment

I just hat a gastroenteritis bug over the weekend. Threw up non-stop on Saturday, feeling better but still a little queasy and not much of an appetite. Lost 6 lbs. That's one way to do it.

Comment

I'm down 5 pounds since Christmas. Quite happy with that!

Comment

I was sick right before Christmas and the sinus drip and cough hasn't subsided enough to enable me to get back to the gym. I've put on 7 lbs from my "normal" weight and it shows. I hate it and I'm going to see if I can give it a go tomorrow and Saturday. I hate lingering colds. Even going for a walk with my dog gets me coughing. It sucks.

My typical weight is 155 lbs. But I could probably drop five from that. I'm only 5' 6", so I'm not fat, but the extra 7 lbs is making me feel that way. Glad the holiday season is over so I don't have all those heavy dinners and sweets around me.

Comment

It's also important to get out and run every day!

Comment

Originally posted by GardArmighty View Post
                    It's also important to get out and run every day!

More impressed with the cameraman

Comment

Originally posted by GardArmighty View Post
                      I just hat a gastroenteritis bug over the weekend. Threw up non-stop on Saturday, feeling better but still a little queasy and not much of an appetite. Lost 6 lbs. That's one way to do it.
                      Oh, so you just watched ISU game like the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

More impressed with the cameraman
                        CameraWOMAN

Comment

Biscuits and Gravy, Joe Norris ???

Comment

Working...
                          X