Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never Forget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Never Forget

    I post this every year.

    September 11th Archive

  • #2
    They did a poor job at my school of letting us know what was going on. Basically we heard that there was a terror attack, but didn't know the weight of the situation

    I was in Sophomore English and it was a Pasta Bar day...my dad and brother were scheduled to travel because they were looking at colleges on the west coast...they ended up driving home to Kansas from California cause it was quicker than trying to get a flight

    Comment


    • #3
      I have no clue why, but I was watching NBC that morning as I got ready for work and I almost never watched morning tv. It's eerie watching that same show from the archive.

      Comment


      • #4
        Junior at KU. I can picture exactly where I was when the footage came across on the first plane hittting and watching live as the second plane hit. Went to my first class of the day, Marketing, and the teacher after trying to get the class going just told everyone to go home.

        Comment


        • #5
          Does anyone else find it weird/annoying that everyone on social media makes it about them? "I was putting shingles on my shed and I heard the news and I knew the world would never be the same."

          Who cares what you were doing or where you were? It's not about you.

          Or am I being a grumpy old man.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GardArmighty View Post
            Does anyone else find it weird/annoying that everyone on social media makes it about them? "I was putting shingles on my shed and I heard the news and I knew the world would never be the same."

            Who cares what you were doing or where you were? It's not about you.

            Or am I being a grumpy old man.
            Whoops, I guess I started that on this board

            *blushes*

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

              Whoops, I guess I started that on this board

              *blushes*
              Yeah Joe, you're a cool guy, but I really don't give a shit what you were doing that day. I don't even give a shit what I was doing that day.

              Comment


              • #8
                Anyone been to the 9/11 museum in New York? Amazingly well-done and incredibly moving.

                Comment


                • #9
                  GardArmighty It's a very normal thing. Ask any oldtimer about JFK, and you'll get the same. When history is written with lightning, even the most mundane daily tasks that we usually forget are seared into memory. I think people find it a little astonishing that they can remember these normally forgotten details. So stop being a whiny bitch.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post
                    Anyone been to the 9/11 museum in New York? Amazingly well-done and incredibly moving.
                    I was just there in July. Very moving and powerful.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post
                      GardArmighty It's a very normal thing. Ask any oldtimer about JFK, and you'll get the same. When history is written with lightning, even the most mundane daily tasks that we usually forget are seared into memory. I think people find it a little astonishing that they can remember these normally forgotten details. So stop being a whiny bitch.
                      I am a whiny bitch.

                      And I completely agree with you. Emotional impacts like that will sear a memory into one's brain for sure. I get that and I honor that. My point is why does everyone feel the need to post all over FB and Twitter where they were and what they were doing? If you read a post by me that said "I just dropped my kids off at school and I was driving on 435 when I heard the news! I knew our world would never be the same!" would you say "Wow Gard, that's amazing!! You were driving on that fateful day?? On 435, 1200 miles from where it actually happened??? I'm sure you were impacted by these tragic events and I thank you for sharing them with me!"?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I would think, "Wow, someone had kids with that whiny bitch?!?"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Watching some of the archived news footage and hearing the CNN guy speculating that a "computer navigation error" possibly put TWO airliners into the World Trade Center and that "there is nothing indicating that there were any passengers on board" was absolutely pathetic. Even without the benefit of hindsight that is just insanely dumb.

                          CNN sucked then as much as it sucks now.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            What else are they supposed to write? "Yeah, I remember that"?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Spider-Man 9-11 edition

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X