No announcement yet.

Open Relationships

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A paralegal at a law firm I worked at was in a polyamorous live-in situation like described in the OP, but it was her and two dudes - neither of whom, according to her, were gay. The way that she spoke of it made it seem as if she was in charge of the entire arrangement, but now that I think more about it, the more likely explanation is that she moved in with two dudes and agreed to be their fuck toy in exchange for free rent.

Being the crossbar in the wobbly-H for a room in Palo Alto probably isn't that bad of a tradeoff.

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
      A paralegal at a law firm I worked at was in a polyamorous live-in situation like described in the OP, but it was her and two dudes - neither of whom, according to her, were gay. The way that she spoke of it made it seem as if she was in charge of the entire arrangement, but now that I think more about it, the more likely explanation is that she moved in with two dudes and agreed to be their fuck toy in exchange for free rent.

Being the crossbar in the wobbly-H for a room in Palo Alto probably isn't that bad of a tradeoff.
      Give it a shot and report back

Comment

Sex is pretty fun. I highly recommend having as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

He was mulling this over, “swingers clubs” may be a place to start, as fro mentioned, maybe CL, but he was (I assume rightfully so) wary of choosing that avenue
          Was about to say dating apps. Don't know of any specifically dedicated to polyamory (though I imagine there's gotta be at least one out there), but I've come across a few ladies on Bumble who in their profiles explicitly state that they're looking for a third.

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post

Was about to say dating apps. Don't know of any specifically dedicated to polyamory (though I imagine there's gotta be at least one out there), but I've come across a few ladies on Bumble who in their profiles explicitly state that they're looking for a third.
            Bumble was my favorite app. Women have to make the first connection on that app, but it has higher quality women (at least with regard to looks). That's where I also saw a few women who were married and looking for another participant. Even if they had been cute, I wasn't playing that game if another guy was involved. I did meet a woman who was looking for a guy 1 day a week. She said she had a "friend" another day and 2 days a week was her speed. We had a second date and she revealed that the other guy wasn't interested in sex, but just enjoyed the companionship, so they just hung out once a week. There's sure a lot of people living lives that are not what we'd call conventional.

Comment

Originally posted by sean View Post

There's sure a lot of people living lives that are not what we'd call conventional.
              And many of them are married.

Comment

Most of them, for that matter.

Comment

I would be worried all the exciting 3-ways would eventually turn into awkward 3-way jealousy and bickering if all 3 live under the same roof. Being an amateur expert because I've watched some episodes of Sister Wives I figure there's a reason all the "wives" live in separate houses and the sex is never in groups.

Comment

Originally posted by dewarsrocks View Post
                    I would be worried all the exciting 3-ways would eventually turn into awkward 3-way jealousy and bickering if all 3 live under the same roof. Being an amateur expert because I've watched some episodes of Sister Wives I figure there's a reason all the "wives" live in separate houses and the sex is never in groups.

I've also watched some episodes of Sister Wives. While I think all of them living under one roof would be a disaster (for more than one reason), I think the reason this particular group does not engage in sex in groups is religious and not practical.

Comment

Here are a couple of answers. Rule #1 in all of this is you don't mess up someone else's relationship. I have some deep personal affection for a few of our regular playmates but would never consider making any changes. My wife thinks message boards, in general, are pretty stupid. So she doesn't read them but trusts me to participate in this type of conversation with care. A few one night stands before we got married. Here is my, "Dear Penthouse" moment. When she told me she was interested in women she did tell me that she had once or twice at KU. With a sorority sister. Still won't tell me who.

If you want to ask questions fire away.

It is amazing the number of different living arrangements people have. We know a couple, married, who haven't lived together for at least 15 years. The live in different parts of the country and have their own significant others. They don't get divorced because he has such great health insurance and she has a pre-existing condition that would make the cost of insurance, for her, astronomical.

We have friends who have been married for about 35 years. For the last 27 years of their marriage he was on the road 44-45 weeks a year. Leave on Sunday night/Monday morning and get home Thursday night/Friday morning. He retired and after a few months started driving her nuts. She was so used to him being gone that she had developed all kinds of outside interests. They came up with a solution. They live in a 5,000ft house with only a cat. Their dogs had died. On Monday through Wednesday night they pretend the other person isn't there. He stays upstairs, cooks his own meals, goes out with friends. She does the same thing downstairs. Works for them. Swingers.

As mentioned we know a two poly couples. Interesting world.

Comment

LifestyleJayhawk : Are you going and how many guest passes do you have?

Pearl Derrier's partners, Dan Patrick, and ‘homemaker’ girlfriend Tomi Tailey, are also happy for her to get involved

Comment

The only bad thing about an orgy is you aren't always sure who to thank afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by LifestyleJayhawk View Post
                            The only bad thing about an orgy is you aren't always sure who to thank afterwards.
                            Or who to apologize to.

Comment

Originally posted by LifestyleJayhawk View Post
                              I don't think anyone expects you to go around thanking all 2000 people.

Edit: Or however many there might be at your particular event.

Edit 2: I don't know PERSONALLY how many people might be at these things, so it might be less than that.

Comment

Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post

I don't think anyone expects you to go around thanking all 1928 people, 3 midgets (1/2 people), and the furry dressed like an Irish Setter.

Edit: Or however many there might be at your particular event.

Edit 2: I don't know PERSONALLY how many people might be at these things, so it might be less than that.

Wow, MissTCShore , that's a...umm...quite specific...umm...guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X