Movies - Upcoming or Otherwise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WoofaGoofa View Post

Yeah, just heard about this and will have to watch. Heard the best segments are those with Tim Blake Nelson and Zoe Kazan.
    Watched it in chunks over the last few days and strongly agree. I'd put the one with Tom Waits as a solid third.

Comment

Originally posted by RedEyedGhost View Post
      Just finished watching Outlaw King. That was pretty good. Some really excellent battle scenes. Could have used a bit more character development. My perusal of wikipedia shows that it is much more grounded in history than Braveheart.
      I'll have to give it another try. I made it about 30 minutes and thought it was very bland, derivative, and unimaginative, the kind of thing that's been done a thousand times before. Maybe I'll watch it for the battle sequences (didn't get to those), but I feel like that's been done to death too.

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
        A couple weeks ago, Netflix quietly released a Coen Bros. anthology called The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, which is comprised of six vignettes set in the Old West. That's going on my list for the holiday weekend, will have to report back.
        Loved it. So, so good.

Comment

Did see Widows last week and I'm guessing most won't since so many bigger films are starting to get released Thanksgiving and beyond. Directed by Steve McQueen of 12 Years A Slave fame, it's a smart, character-driven heist movie with some sub-plots or scenes that touch on larger, societal issues such as police violence and economic disparity, but it's not near as heavy-handed as Crash or some other films. Well acted and very well made for the most part (despite a few puzzling edits), although it was a bit slow at times.

Comment

Saw Instant Family this past week. Went into it thinking this is a pretty tough subject to make into a comedy. Came away thinking they did a pretty damn good job balancing the seriousness of the subject with some decent light hearted comedy. Overall, thought the movie was pretty good/entertaining.

Comment

Went to Free Solo tonight. Getting stoned now so I can calm the fuck down. Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by markhawk View Post
                Went to Free Solo tonight. Getting stoned now so I can calm the fuck down. Jesus.

That's a huge fucking NOPE for me.

Comment

I really wish that I could see that in IMAX or Dolby or something

Anyone seen Creed II yet?

Comment

I finally watched Mandy last night... that was just as bat shit crazy as I thought it would be. Still don't know if I liked it or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
                      I really wish that I could see that in IMAX or Dolby or something

Anyone seen Creed II yet?
                      I liked it although I enjoyed the first one more. Creed II is a bit slow at times and the main focus seemed to be on the relationship between Creed and Tessa Thompson rather than the fight with the young Drago. More predictable and cliche (training montage, ring redemption, etc.) like the later Rocky movies, but it has heart and I'm a sucker for any Rocky-related movie sans V.

Comment

Working...
                      X