• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by illinijhawk View Post

Elitist indeed.
    I can't help who I am.

Comment

• There have been only three films in my lifetime I have looked forward to more than Denis Villenueve's first part of "Dune," still set to be released this winter.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/04/behold-dune-an-exclusive-look-at-timothee-chalamet-zendaya-oscar-isaac

Second most anticipated for this year is Nolan's "Tenet," which may be the second film to get time travel right (first, "Primer"):

Last edited by an()maly; 05-22-20, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by an()maly View Post
        There have been only three films in my lifetime I have looked forward to more than Denis Villenueve's first part of "Dune," still set to be released this winter.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/04/behold-dune-an-exclusive-look-at-timothee-chalamet-zendaya-oscar-isaac

Second most anticipated for this year is Nolan's "Tenet," which may be the second film to get time travel right (first, "Primer"):

That looks pretty damn good, but the SUV going backwards on the freeway at the same speed as the cars moving forwards better have something to do with time travel, because that's not the way transmissions work.

Comment

• Finally watched Stop Making Sense for the first time (free on Amazon Prime). I’ve listened to the album plenty of times, but it’s such a different experience visually. I don’t know what took me so long.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
            Finally watched Stop Making Sense for the first time (free on Amazon Prime). I’ve listened to the album plenty of times, but it’s such a different experience visually. I don’t know what took me so long.
            I started it last night. It’s the Talking Heads In pure authenticity.

Comment

• Originally posted by sean View Post

I started it last night. It’s the Talking Heads In pure authenticity.
              It's just crazy how it builds. SPOILERIt starts out with David Byrne just modestly bringing out his guitar and a boombox (which is a prop for the mixing board), but he brings out the other members of the band so gradually that it turns into a full-fledged rock show before you can ever really notice. And just for kicks he has the keyboardist from Parliament-Funkadelic.

(I always grapple with the spoiler tag for a fairly mainstream piece of pop culture, but you never know).

Comment

Working...
              X