Movies - Upcoming or Otherwise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

Watch the babysitter on netflix in the meantime if you haven't.

She's a great villain in it and it's highly amusing just like Ready or Not
    I've seen it, very good movie, one of the better Netflix originals.

Comment

• IT2 is at 68%/86% which is pretty good for a horror flick

Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow

Comment

• Zombieland 2 was a lot of fun. Zoey Deutsch, Rosario Dawson and Woody Harrellson gave awesome performances, and the rest of the cast fit in really well.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
          Zombieland 2 was a lot of fun. Zoey Deutsch, Rosario Dawson and Woody Harrellson gave awesome performances, and the rest of the cast fit in really well.
          I need to see that soon

”old” movie, but Gf and I watched instant family last night....was a great mix of funny and touching...Rose Byrne killed it...I have really enjoyed her since Damages

her comedic timing is great

Comment

• Ford v Ferrari was a great movie with an even better soundtrack....will hopefully elaborate when I have more time

Comment

• Saw Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood last night. I knew it wasn't a biopic going in, but I was still pretty disappointed. It was sort of unsettling to see Tom Hanks a) Not give a very good performance as Mr. Rogers, and b) Not really serve as the lead for the first time in I don't know how long.

Comment

Saw Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood last night. I knew it wasn't a biopic going in, but I was still pretty disappointed. It was sort of unsettling to see Tom Hanks a) Not give a very good performance as Mr. Rogers, and b) Not really serve as the lead for the first time in I don't know how long.
                That seemed like a bad idea from the moment I heard about it.

Comment

Ready or Not was fabulous

posting my reddit post in spoilers here cause I don’t want to retype

SPOILERFirst, I loved the movie, beginning to end.

Hilarious and dark and satisfying.

Samara is getting a lot of love, but I haven’t seen mention of the babysitter. She’s great in that as well, and another comedy/horror

Couple things, she blatantly says at the beginning that Daniel is constantly hitting on her...didn’t get that vibe at all....just protective and drunk

Also, they didn’t really flesh out the part where his mom says she’s proud of him and then he has the moment with Emily/Georgie in the barn

Alex’s turn was SUPER abrupt....I didn’t think it could have been due to watching Grace murder his mom, he had to have thought she killed Daniel, which seemed a bit weak.

Everyone is mentioning that the family just exploded, was it not the ghost picking them off with his giant gun? He protected Grace from the Aunt and then was picking people off as they ran away, but most clearly he shot Alex when Grace took the ring off. Didn’t seem spontaneous at all

I loved that ending...loved Grace in badass mode. Wish there had been more of her ramboing

Her screaming at the car that drove off was incredible

I want to see this movie several more times

Watched this over the weekend with the wife. Great flick. Will be watching it again at some point.

Comment

Saw Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood last night. I knew it wasn't a biopic going in, but I was still pretty disappointed. It was sort of unsettling to see Tom Hanks a) Not give a very good performance as Mr. Rogers, and b) Not really serve as the lead for the first time in I don't know how long.
                    I haven’t heard anything about the movie other than seeing the trailer....kinda surprised to hear he didn’t do it well

as far as not being a biopic, was it all fake or did it follow some sort of real life timeline

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderHawk View Post

Watched this over the weekend with the wife. Great flick. Will be watching it again at some point.
                      Brother just got it on Plex, can’t wait to watch again

i saw knives out over the weekend too and I got a similar vibe, but I liked ready or not considerably more

Comment

I haven’t heard anything about the movie other than seeing the trailer....kinda surprised to hear he didn’t do it well

as far as not being a biopic, was it all fake or did it follow some sort of real life timeline
                        More the latter. It takes place in the late 90's and is based on the true story of a cynical, quasi-sociopathic writer for Esquire who was assigned to write a puff piece about him and ended up going much deeper (for reasons I can't go into without spoiling).

Comment

Brother just got it on Plex, can’t wait to watch again

i saw knives out over the weekend too and I got a similar vibe, but I liked ready or not considerably more
                          We had a bunch of no rush shipping credits at Amazon, so just purchased it.

Andy MacDowell is still pretty damn hot, especially for a woman her age.

Comment

• Watched Night of the Hunter last night. That was some weird shit. Loved it.

Ebert's review - https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/g...he-hunter-1955

Comment

Working...
                            X