Podcast Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Podcast Thread

I accidentally started up a Serial podcast on my drive home the other day and was immediate drawn back in and have made it almost all the way back through over the weekend

season one, unfortunately, has not been replicated IMO...season two didn’t grab me at all

are there any good true stories similar out there in podcast form? Not just an episode of true crime or something, like a season’s worth.

i had forgotten what a great listen that was.

yes, I’m familiar with S-town, but it’s not a true story, so doesn’t quite fit the bill of what I’m looking for

Does Penthouse Letters have a podcast?

Comment

I thought S-Town was a true story?

Kinda weird that it's been 4 years since Serial came out and everyone and their mother has put out a true crime podcast since then, but not one has been able to top it. Anyway, I liked Dirty John, so I'd recommend checking that out. Otherwise, The Onion released a parody true crime podcast called A Very Fatal Murder earlier this year which was pretty entertaining too, just in a different way.

Comment

• Joe Norris
      Joe Norris commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm, maybe this is something like what I read and just translated it to being a fictional podcast:

Reed investigated the crime and eventually found that no such murder took place, though he struck up a friendship with the depressed but colorful character of McLemore. He recorded conversations with McLemore and other people in Woodstock, which are played on the podcast.

McLemore killed himself by drinking potassium cyanide on June 22, 2015,[5] while the podcast was still in production. In the narrative of the podcast, this occurs at the end of the second episode; subsequent episodes deal with the fallout from McLemore's death while exploring more of McLemore's life and character.

• NoPantsChico
      NoPantsChico commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I was thinking more of the people in it being real as opposed to fictional characters, not so much the telling of the events depicted. That's interesting, though.

• Joe Norris
      Joe Norris commented
      Editing a comment
      Truth be told, I honestly thought ALL of it was fiction, didn't even realize the characters were real, might have to check it out

It still irritates me that Adnan's story is open ended, I know a lot of people think he's actually guilty, but none of it makes any sense (based on the podcast, which, I know, is a one-sided deal)

Ok, so, I listened to S-Town and it was really great...very fascinating stuff

John B McLemore is an enigma and I wish there was more info on him, let alone the potential "treasure", the fire gilding, the tattoos, and so on

Highly recommend it to anyone that's looking for a quick podcast to listen to.

Comment

I enjoyed S-Town back when it came out. I thought ti was fascinating and really well done.

Comment

I changed the title, this can be general podcast thread

I've had several people recommend "Dirty John":

The main focus of the story is Meehan's relationship with businesswoman Debra Newell, who he met via Internet dating, as well her immediate and extended family. The podcast deals with themes of abuse and manipulation, as well as the behaviours of those being abused.

Comment

Serial is back..I haven’t started yet, but I’m told it’s kinda like an anthology this time around....she covers different cases in Cleveland (some spanning multiple episodes) all the way up to murder

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
            I changed the title, this can be general podcast thread

I've had several people recommend "Dirty John":

The main focus of the story is Meehan's relationship with businesswoman Debra Newell, who he met via Internet dating, as well her immediate and extended family. The podcast deals with themes of abuse and manipulation, as well as the behaviours of those being abused.
            Of course Connie Britton is playing the protagonist in the TV version.

Comment

What’s the name of your Podcast again Gard?

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
                What’s the name of your Podcast again Gard?
                "Look at me! A science story"

Comment

The Attention Whorecast.

jerryhurray.gif

Comment

Originally posted by GardArmighty View Post
                    The Attention Whorecast.

jerryhurray.gif
                    Hope you know, all of my comments are in good fun even though you broke my heart on September 22nd and I still hate you
                    Last edited by Joe Norris; 10-09-18, 11:13 AM.

Comment

I deserve all of your derision and accept it with stoic resolve.

Comment

Seriously though. Or did you stop?

Comment

Just released Episode 98. The Prism Podcast. I'd be honored if you listened to it. We're a couple of hacks, but we have a lot of fun and have met a lot of amazing people through it.

Comment

Working...
                          X