Lemme Succeed in Ruining your Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

California, very sad.

Edit, I am not agreeing with her tweet, but with this going on in our country, maybe we should be more concerned with helping them than with allowing free flow of illegals.

Comment

Did they run over 5 pigeons?

Comment

Originally posted by Lurch22 View Post
        Did they run over 5 pigeons?
        P sure that person is on a bicycle.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post

P sure that person is on a bicycle.
          So? Answer the question. LURCH WANTS THE TRUTH!!

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post

So? Answer the question. LURCH WANTS THE TRUTH!!

Comment

Yeah, that looks like someone wearing a GoPro® on a bike path.

As far as the post goes, those folks should probably be looking to relocate to somewhere with a lower cost of living. I follow the mayor of San Jose on Facebook (that video appears to be from the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles, but the principle is the same), and he was recently touting a city ordinance push to force landlords into accepting Section 8 tenants. Don't get me started on that bullshit; it's a huge problem insofar as evicting them if they are problem tenants is nearly impossible in California, and there is very little recourse for compensation for property damage. But that is beside the point. The point is that the mayor held up 3 different "poster people" as part of this effort, with melodramatic quotes from them and everything. The first was a single retired guy that got priced out of an apartment when he was trying to remain living in an area that has houses that sell for an average of $1.7 million dollars - he needs help from the government to keep living where he wants to live. Fuck that. I make a more than decent living and even I realize that in order to maintain my lifestyle upon retirement, I'm likely going to have to relocate. The second person was a young single female that was bitching about not being able to afford rent on her own as a retail clerk. Guess what, there are retail jobs all over the United States, and if you don't have a more marketable skill that demands a higher paycheck, move to where your can afford rent on your salary; I'm sure that there are plenty of retail jobs available in Cleveland. The 3rd was the head of household of an immigrant family - dumb choice to come to Silicon Valley - not my problem.

The point is that this is a crisis of people that are basing decisions on what they want rather than what they can afford, and expecting the government to make up the difference. Instead of attempting to house these people with Section 8 or the other San Jose brainchild - the Tiny House initiative - they should get them bus tickets to somewhere they can actually afford to live.

Comment

Just not to Colorado thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                X