No announcement yet.

WtW Book Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumping this because I have a couple long flights coming up. Any recs?

Comment

If you like SciFi, the Bobiverse is a pretty good read. I'm on book 2 of the series how.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/192752-bobiverse

Comment

The Murderbot Diaries is pretty good as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Martha-Wells/e/B000APZA1O/

Comment

Originally posted by illinijhawk View Post
          Just finished "Pat the Bunny" last night. Riveting. Going with the Story of Ferdinand next, I hear they made a movie and I want to read the book first. The book is always better than the movie.
          This is basically my life, except my 16 month old wants me to read each book he brings me a minimum of five times. Luckily they are very short, but for my sanity I wish he would sit for longer books.

Comment

Originally posted by hankypanky View Post

This is basically my life, except my 16 month old wants me to read each book he brings me a minimum of five times. Luckily they are very short, but for my sanity I wish he would sit for longer books.
            This is why Jesus invented iPads. Reading to kids is for suckers.

Comment

For Sci Fi stuff - Expanse books are amazing. Just finished a trilogy by N K Jemisin call The Fifth Season. Very bizarre, incredibly well written, really unique story. I liked it and my wife absolutely loved it. Anything by Brandon Sanderson is excellent in my opinion. Artemis by Andy Weir (author of The Martian). Good second novel by him.

Non Sci Fi stuff - Thrillers - reading a book by new author called Between Two Scorpions. Basically a terrorist/spy kind of thriller. Really well written so far. I like the author who writes a lot of conservative political commentary but isn't off the rails and is very witty. History books - I love anything by Jeff Shaara - novelized history novels. Writes primarily about Civil War but has done WW1 and WW2 also along with his latest about Korea called the Frozen Hours (about the Battle of the Chosin Reservoir).

Comment

Horror is great this time of year. I'm a big fan of Paul Tremblay and definitely would recommend starting with A Head Full of Ghosts. Jason Arnopp's The Last Days of Jack Sparks is also fantastic. And I've loved everything I've read by Adam Nevill, The Ritual is probably my favorite. Christopher Buehlman is also a great contemporary horror author - really enjoyed both Those Across the River and The Suicide Motor Club, keep meaning to check out The Lesser Dead. Also would recommend MR Carey's Fellside.

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
                  81k1ptVf-KL.jpg

I haven't read this yet but my mom just mailed me a copy. It was written by her cousin.
                  This is one of the books I brought with me to Coz to read. I am reading it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
                    I'm not an avid reader, I lose attention in a hurry, but I do want to read that Golden State Killer book....or listen to it on my commute, if they have that available yet
                    It is on audiobook. I have it if you would like to borrow. Very good listen on the way to work.

Comment

I really liked this:

Comment

BUMP!

I have 4 unused Audible credits I need to use. I'll scroll up for previous recommendations, but would like new ones. History, Science, and any really good fiction is what I'd be looking for.

Thanks!

Comment

*resisting urge to post young earth recommendations*

Comment

Working...
                          X