Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeah! Video games are causing gun violence!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah! Video games are causing gun violence!

Just gonna roll this grenade out there....don't make me take it to the swamp

let's just talk about this ridiculous argument

Comment

The Army Ranger dude sound so out of touch...I generally like Ben Shapiro, which I know many hate

Comment

This argument is really odd considering violent crime rates halved in as little as 20 years after violent video games came out. That doesn’t make the idea automatically wrong, but it gives it a hell of a lot to explain.

There’s basically zero doubt in my mind that video games reduce violent crime for more or less the same reason that cold weather does.

Comment

I learned all I needed to know about violence from Wile E. Coyote.

I'll hurt a muthafucka with some of those mad ACME moves.

Comment

The problem is complex. Compare the number of guns per household before Columbine to the number of guns per household after Columbine and the number of mass school shootings by year before and after. Without looking at the actual numbers, my suspicion is that the number of guns pre-mid-1990s is about the same (roughly) as today, while the number of school shootings has increase.

It's more than just guns. I'm not saying its video games. But anyone thinking they are going to solve the problem with stricter gun laws is deluded.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

The Army Ranger dude sound so out of touch...I generally like Ben Shapiro, which I know many hate
              At the end the guy said all other countries regulate this stuff and so should we.......we do have a rating system.

Comment

You should have to be 21 to buy Duck Hunt.

Comment

I kill turtles because I played a lot of Super Mario Bros.

Comment

If I get anywhere NEAR an asteroid, I blast the shit out of it.

Comment

Balloons and colored balls fear me.

Comment

I’m a master at packing suitcases, closets, whatever and I have no doubt it’s bc of Tetris.

Comment

Interesting how they conveniently left "death by Ninja" off the list for Japan, isn't it?

Comment

I use ill-advised misogynistic pickup lines because of Leisure Suit Larry.

Comment

I doubt that I would beat up hookers if it wasn’t for Grand Theft Auto. Okay....maybe just not as many.

Comment

Working...
                              X