No announcement yet.

Teh cold....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC just announced rolling temporary blackouts.

https://fox4kc.com/news/temporary-bl...ower-shortage/
    Last edited by WolfShirtSophomore; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by LARPHawk View Post
      Humidity is the least defensible part of hot weather, but I'll still take it over fatally cold. I think my ideal weather would be dry, sunny, and 80 degrees year round. As far as I can tell, nothing even very close to that climate exists.
      Screenshot 2021-02-15 11.01.52.jpg

While not "year round," we get somewhat close to your range here in San Jose. There might be a few places in SoCal that have an even narrower temperature range, but my experience is that that range averages higher than 80 inland and lower than 80 on the coast. Of course, my personal "experience" while living in SoCal is mostly limited to the areas between Santa Monica and the San Fernando Valley.

Comment

• Just went outside. It’s up to 26. I had to remove the coat.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post

Screenshot 2021-02-15 11.01.52.jpg

While not "year round," we get somewhat close to your range here in San Jose. There might be a few places in SoCal that have an even narrower temperature range, but my experience is that that range averages higher than 80 inland and lower than 80 on the coast. Of course, my personal "experience" while living in SoCal is mostly limited to the areas between Santa Monica and the San Fernando Valley.
          Yeah, coastal California is definitely the closest thing. I used to live in Santa Monica. I expect to end up back that way, probably in San Diego, in a couple years although that's not decided.

Only problem is a little too chilly by the coast (Santa Monica felt like it never got over 72) or it's a little too extreme once you go inland. But that's getting very picky.

PS - I visit WeatherSpark so much. Love their weather charts. Wish you could query it for things like "show me the places with the most 'warm' hours during daylight"

Comment

• I think climates like that are boring. I like having seasons.

But if I were to choose a "constant" climate, it would be partly cloudy and ~65 degrees with moderate humidity. Can wear shorts or jeans in that and be comfortable either way.

Comment

Yeah, coastal California is definitely the closest thing. I used to live in Santa Monica. I expect to end up back that way, probably in San Diego, in a couple years although that's not decided.

Only problem is a little too chilly by the coast (Santa Monica felt like it never got over 72) or it's a little too extreme once you go inland. But that's getting very picky.

PS - I visit WeatherSpark so much. Love their weather charts. Wish you could query it for things like "show me the places with the most 'warm' hours during daylight"
              This is a fun game to play whilst I freeze my nuts off. How does the climate of Ensenada, Mexico look to you? Seems like a warmer San Diego, which should be about right for you.

Edit: maybe San Felipe is even better for you. Dry and comfortable all year round it appears.
              Last edited by drinky; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Or, LARP, have you considered Trujillo, Peru? A bit muggy for a couple months during their summer, but overall quite nice to looking.

Comment

Humidity is the least defensible part of hot weather, but I'll still take it over fatally cold. I think my ideal weather would be dry, sunny, and 80 degrees year round. As far as I can tell, nothing even very close to that climate exists.

Try Aruba. It's a bit warmer than that, with high temps typically between 85 and 90 year round, but almost never gets as hot as Kansas summers, and the trade winds in the southern Caribbean keep the humidity down to reasonable levels most of the time. And they are out of the paths of hurricanes. (Too far south).

Comment

• Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
                    Just went outside. It’s up to 26. I had to remove the coat.
                    Fuck you and your hot weather!!! It's -2 right now with a -20 wind chill. I don't know that it ever got to 0 today.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post

Try Aruba. It's a bit warmer than that, with high temps typically between 85 and 90 year round, but almost never gets as hot as Kansas summers, and the trade winds in the southern Caribbean keep the humidity down to reasonable levels most of the time. And they are out of the paths of hurricanes. (Too far south).
                      Aruba is my favorite of the Caribbean Islands. Perfect weather and the water as blue and clear as you see on the commercials. I love how half of the Island is a desert and the other half isn't because of the trade winds,

Comment

• So today's high temp will finally make it up into the double digits. I'm in a far NW suburb of Chicago and we only had 3.3 inches of snow last night, but the closer to the city and south of the city got hammered with snow totals ranging form 5-17 inches of snow.

We are supposed to have temps finally above freezing by Sunday, with temps mostly in the teens and 20s the next five days.

Comment

• 40% of Austin still without power. It’s been about 30 hours now. Temps in the teens. Roads were borderline impassable too. I’m afraid a lot of people might have died last night.

I’m wondering if it will take until temps get well above freezing until any of this resolved, which would be Saturday.

Also lots of areas are starting to lose water it sounds like. I’m afraid that’s gonna get a lot worse before it gets better.

Comment

• I have family in Austin that have been without power for over 36 hours. They do have a fireplace but are running out of wood. They have an older house with large, old picture windows, it's 40 degrees in their house. They are literally cold weather camping in their house.

Comment

40% of Austin still without power. It’s been about 30 hours now. Temps in the teens. Roads were borderline impassable too. I’m afraid a lot of people might have died last night.

I’m wondering if it will take until temps get well above freezing until any of this resolved, which would be Saturday.

Also lots of areas are starting to lose water it sounds like. I’m afraid that’s gonna get a lot worse before it gets better.

But think of all the tax advantages! I can totally see why businesses and people are fleeing California for that shithole of a state.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post

But think of all the tax advantages! I can totally see why businesses and people are fleeing California for that shithole of a state.
                                Whoa whoa whoa, lets pump the breaks on blaming the state for a city's lack of preparation H.

Comment

Working...
                                X