Teh cold....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post
    I really don't care [that me and 3 other people have decided to enjoy our friendship during these trying times], do u?
    iDon'tCare

Comment

• 4y48cx.jpg

Comment

• Apparently the state of Texas may be without power through tonight and for an unknown duration...

Comment

• Holy cow, it was -5 this morning!

So I put on a heavy coat and turned on the seat warmers and heated steering wheel.

Comment

• I prefer this to 95 and muggy. Fight me.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
              I prefer this to 95 and muggy. Fight me.
              Nope. Same.

Comment

• -7 and -28 wind chill this morning. You guys saying you prefer this over hot weather are crazy. At least with the latter I can sit outside under a shaded porch, get a fan going and a cold beverage and still enjoy it somewhat. You can’t even pretend to go outside and do anything in these temps. Heater is running 24/7 just struggling to keep it at 68 degrees inside and sounds like it wants to blow up any second.

Comment

• Originally posted by KUGDI View Post

Nope. Same.
                  Same.

Comment

• I prefer winter weather that stays in Tahoe where it belongs.

Comment

• Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post
                      Apparently the state of Texas may be without power through tonight and for an unknown duration...
                      I got a head start on you. Been without power since 8pm yesterday, and the current temp is -3.

Comment

• Those of you saying you prefer this kind of cold to 95 and humid: Are you obese? Are you just a big walrus of a guy? That's the only way I could see this as legit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Protist View Post
                          Those of you saying you prefer this kind of cold to 95 and humid: Are you obese? Are you just a big walrus of a guy? That's the only way I could see this as legit.
                          I've always preferred cold to heat. Heat just saps my energy and I absolutely detest humidity. I'll break a sweat at 65 degrees if it's humid. I blame my Scottish ancestry.

And "no" to your question. I hated heat and humidity even as a high school kid when I was a 6'2" 170 pound swimmer/water polo player with almost no body fat. I was perfectly fine jumping into an unheated outdoor pool in the middle of winter* at 6 am for practice though.

-- *SoCal winter; not real winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
                            I prefer this to 95 and muggy. Fight me.
                            I've never had the power go out because it was 95 and muggy.

It's 50 degrees in my bathroom right now.

Comment

• Humidity is the least defensible part of hot weather, but I'll still take it over fatally cold. I think my ideal weather would be dry, sunny, and 80 degrees year round. As far as I can tell, nothing even very close to that climate exists.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post

I've always preferred cold to heat. Heat just saps my energy and I absolutely detest humidity. I'll break a sweat at 65 degrees if it's humid. I blame my Scottish ancestry.

And "no" to your question. I hated heat and humidity even as a high school kid when I was a 6'2" 170 pound swimmer/water polo player with almost no body fat. I was perfectly fine jumping into an unheated outdoor pool in the middle of winter* at 6 am for practice though.

-- *SoCal winter; not real winter.
                                Same, including the Scottish ancestry, but not the 6'2 part.

Comment

Working...
                                X