Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Die Hard as a Christmas Movie? Are you kidding, Clark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Die Hard as a Christmas Movie? Are you kidding, Clark?

Die Hard as a Christmas Movie? Wife said that our kids (20s-30s) think of Die Hard as a “Christmas Movie”.

Ask tha Wheaters? What the fuck? Is this something that MrsR and I need to feel bona fide Generational Guilt about.

is this the kind of America that we are happy to leave for our kids.?

Home Alone.... ok I can drive that street. Christmas Vacation? (It's the gift that keeps on giving, Clark.)

But Die Hard?

So give me an alternate list of recent Christmas Movies” . The Die Hard as a Christmas movie dog don’t hunt.
    Last edited by robinsonjim; 12-09-17, 03:11 PM.

I too have seen it on Christmas movie lists, but as a "20s-30s," I've never thought of it as such. It happens to be set around Christmas, but that's it. I'm with you, Bro RJ. Held: not a Christmas movie.

Comment

We watch it every year on Christmas eve and have for years. It's set at Christmas, at a Christmas party, has Christmas music, he uses Santa packing tape to tape a gun to his back and there is even a "Ho, ho, ho" line delivered in the movie. Like it or not, it's a Christmas movie.

Comment

It is a modern rendition of the Christmas classic, "White Christmas".

Comment

Comment

Is The World is not Enough a Christmas movie?

Comment

Lethal Weapon starts on Christmas Eve doesn't it? I seem to remember hearing that Christmas classic Jingle Bell Rock in it.

Comment

robinsonjim be a dear and read illinijhawk 's apple thread please

Also, yes, die hard is a Christmas movie, the same way thriller is a holiday song

Comment

Die Hard has always been thought of as a Christmas movie. Where have you been Joe?

SPOILERAlso, there is not Santa Klaus. The guy sneaking in your bedroom window when you were a kid was there for sex with you mom

Comment

Originally posted by beakumhawks View Post
                  Die Hard has always been thought of as a Christmas movie. Where have you been Joe?

SPOILERAlso, there is not Santa Klaus. The guy sneaking in your bedroom window when you were a kid was there for sex with you mom
                  That's what I said?

I also think thriller is a holiday song

Comment

This subject came up in the favorite "Christmas movie" thread. I posed the question honestly, because I had never seen Die Hard and really wanted to know.

Comment

100% it’s a Christmas movie. It isn’t just a an action movie that happens to occur during Christmas, Christmas is an essential part of the movie.

Comment

We need to put this to a poll.

Comment

Home Alone
                          Elf
                          Its A Wonderful Life
                          A Charlie Brown Christmas
                          A Christmas Story
                          Die Hard

One of these things is not like the others.....

Comment

I’m with RJ. Just because they’re at a Christmas party doesn’t make it a Christmas movie. It’s not about Christmas, it’s about a tower heist.

Comment

Working...
                          X