No announcement yet.

Cities you've always wanted to move to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cities you've always wanted to move to?

Step 1: Move to Oxford, MS
    Step 2: Smash box.

Comment

[quote author=TheShocker link=topic=440.msg4685#msg4685 date=1281991234]
      [quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=440.msg4678#msg4678 date=1281990957]
      uh oh Hoopo

you've made it on his list

what level of poster am i, pal?
      [/quote]

i don't recognize your name but you did call me "pal" so i'm going to rate you as a "turd" for now but i'll be monitoring you closely from here on out so you'll have plenty of chances to increase or decrease your standing.
      [/quote]

These things are very important to me, how do I rate?

Comment

Oia. Maybe the most beautiful place on earth not on a woman's body.

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=440.msg4614#msg4614 date=1281981286]
          I'd like to move to Seattle one day
          [/quote]

I just visited my cousin up there, and got to meet samandben, had a great time. Beautiful area, lots to do, naturally oriented, people drive with a purpose. I wish Udub had a program I was looking at for grad school.

Comment

[quote author=vorsk link=topic=440.msg4865#msg4865 date=1282009877]
            [/quote]

I just visited my cousin up there, and got to meet samandben, had a great time. Beautiful area, lots to do, naturally oriented, people drive with a purpose. I wish Udub had a program I was looking at for grad school.
            [/quote]

I wanted to go to UDub as well...when i was visiting my Aunt she took us by there and I loved the campus almost as much as Lawrence...but obviously, I'm quite biased

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=440.msg4873#msg4873 date=1282010928]
              [quote author=vorsk link=topic=440.msg4865#msg4865 date=1282009877]
              [/quote]

[/quote]

I wanted to go to UDub as well...when i was visiting my Aunt she took us by there and I loved the campus almost as much as Lawrence...but obviously, I'm quite biased
              [/quote]

From what I had heard, I was actually underwhelmed by the campus. I'm a college nerd so I always visit campuses (campi? my latin is failing me) when I visit new places. Of course it is beautiful, but I expected more.

Comment

Boston, Madison (WI), Seattle

Comment

[quote author=KingofCarrotFlowers link=topic=440.msg4786#msg4786 date=1281998106]
                  Miami (blah, and not really "southern")?
                  [/quote]

There are a million adjectives you can use to describe Miami, but "blah" isn't one of them.

I'd like to have a second place in Buenos Aires or Argentina's side of Patagonia someday.

Comment

[quote author=TheShocker link=topic=440.msg4677#msg4677 date=1281990873]
                    [quote author=Hoopo link=topic=440.msg4667#msg4667 date=1281989714]
                    1. Munich. I go there as a visitor for a month every year as it is. I think it's only a matter of time before I figure out how to make some coins over there.

2. Vancouver/Victoria BC. Fell for this place when I visited when I was 19. Best parts of NoCal/Oregon/Washington, with English and Canadian sense.

3. Chicago. I git really excited when WBEZ on the Navy Pier flew me in for an interview, one of 2 finalists. They chose the other guy, and promptly fired him. That job shoulda been mine.

4. London. Always a fantasy, since childhood.

5. Wicihita. Much maligned city where dreams really do come true.
                    [/quote]

from what i've seen of you so far you seem like a shitty poster but since you listed wichita i'm going to upgrade you from "shitty poster" to "sorta shitty poster". oh wait i just noticed that you spelled wichita wrong so you've been downgraded to "super shitty poster".
                    [/quote]

You ignorant fuck, I also typo'd "get" as "git" in that post made on my phone.

Thanks for using that legendary Wichita intellect in discerning the sarcasm in #5. You've made your city proud.

Comment

[/quote]

From what I had heard, I was actually underwhelmed by the campus. I'm a college nerd so I always visit campuses (campi? my latin is failing me) when I visit new places. Of course it is beautiful, but I expected more.
                      [/quote]

I have this conversation a lot with other KU grads in the area. I am biased in thinking that KU is the best, but even I have to admit that UW wins hands-down when it comes to natural beauty. How can anything compete with a football stadium that opens to Lake Washington with Mt. Rainier as the backdrop? Did you really get out and walk into the heart of the campus or did you just drive around the outskirts? There is some beautiful architecture buried deep in the campus. The knock I have on UW is that it's too metropolitan....major streets running through the area, the med center, etc. I prefer a true campus experience.

fwiw, I also am addicted to visiting college campuses so I have seen a lot. We saw two new ones last week...Gonzaga and U of Montana. We went about 30 minutes out of our way just to visit Missoula. Awesome football stadium for a school that size.

Comment

[quote author=Hoopo link=topic=440.msg4913#msg4913 date=1282028318]

You ignorant fuck, I also typo'd "get" as "git" in that post made on my phone.

Thanks for using that legendary Wichita intellect in discerning the sarcasm in #5. You've made your city proud.
                        [/quote]

Having fat, sausage-like fingers is no excuse for misspelling. Just take your lumps like a man and admit you fucked up, apologize to everyone, and then try to do better next time. We're all rooting for you!

Comment

1. Portland, Oregon
                          Microbrew capital of the US, plenty of outdoorsy stuff to do, plus I love the PNW in general.

2. Barcelona, Spain
                          Spent a good portion of my childhood in Tarragona, just south of Barcelona, and would always take the train there. Loved Gaudi's parks/architecture and the city is just full of character - not to mention the food and wine are amazing.

3. Boulder, Colorado
                          Great mountain biking in the area, cool college town. Another outdoorsy-loving mecca that would fit my lifestyle.

4. Belize City, Belize
                          Cheap living, beautiful beaches, and some of the best diving in the world. If things don't work out for me career-wise, I'm moving there to be a PADI Divemaster.

5. Moab, Utah
                          Orgasmic mountain biking, incredible scenery, and a cozy little town.

Comment

[quote author=samandbendrivemetodrink link=topic=440.msg5013#msg5013 date=1282064926]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have this conversation a lot with other KU grads in the area. I am biased in thinking that KU is the best, but even I have to admit that UW wins hands-down when it comes to natural beauty. How can anything compete with a football stadium that opens to Lake Washington with Mt. Rainier as the backdrop? Did you really get out and walk into the heart of the campus or did you just drive around the outskirts? There is some beautiful architecture buried deep in the campus. The knock I have on UW is that it's too metropolitan....major streets running through the area, the med center, etc. I prefer a true campus experience.

fwiw, I also am addicted to visiting college campuses so I have seen a lot. We saw two new ones last week...Gonzaga and U of Montana. We went about 30 minutes out of our way just to visit Missoula. Awesome football stadium for a school that size.
                            [/quote]

God must be crazy pissed during football games. You know when all those people are thanking him for Mt. Rainer.

Comment

[quote author=KVN638 link=topic=440.msg5023#msg5023 date=1282067149]
                              [quote author=samandbendrivemetodrink link=topic=440.msg5013#msg5013 date=1282064926]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

God must be crazy pissed during football games. You know when all those people are thanking him for Mt. Rainer.
                              [/quote]

For sure. It's UW's version of Touchdown Jesus.

Comment

Internationally: Munich, Germany

USA: San Francisco, CA

Realistic possibilities in the next 5 years: Chicago, Austin, Denver, Nashville

Comment

Working...
                                X