This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muffnudge View Post

I'll see what I can do about adding these in the next day or two.
    :eggplant:

Comment

Browsing the vB forum, I came across this page for emoji's - http://unicode.org/emoji/charts/full-emoji-list.html

Unless someone else knows of a good, fast way to add Apple and Android emoji's, I think this would be a big project to undertake. I could be wrong, however, and maybe it's quite easy but I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by muffnudge View Post
        Browsing the vB forum, I came across this page for emoji's - http://unicode.org/emoji/charts/full-emoji-list.html

Unless someone else knows of a good, fast way to add Apple and Android emoji's, I think this would be a big project to undertake. I could be wrong, however, and maybe it's quite easy but I don't think so.
        I don't really know how to incentivize it for anyone, I don't have time to do it, though I think it would be awesome once complete

Anyone want to volunteer to be on a "team" to get this done?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

I don't really know how to incentivize it for anyone, I don't have time to do it, though I think it would be awesome once complete

Anyone want to volunteer to be on a "team" to get this done?
          muffnudge do we have a cap of how many smileys we can have?

I doubt many people are reading this thread cause it's pinned and not really something that would catch anyone's eye

I may make a thread to see if we'd have volunteers to tackle this if we had a quick writeup of instructions or a "how to"

Comment

Well, I don’t think we need every emoji out there. Smile, laugh, tongue out, wink, kiss, & sunglasses; just the ole standards. We probably don’t need families, clothes, flags, etc.

Ideally, it would support it on mobile too. IE, using your phone’s keyboard’s embedded emojis. But that might be a bridge too far.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
              Well, I don’t think we need every emoji out there. Smile, laugh, tongue out, wink, kiss, & sunglasses; just the ole standards. We probably don’t need families, clothes, flags, etc.

Ideally, it would support it on mobile too. IE, using your phone’s keyboard’s embedded emojis. But that might be a bridge too far.
              This.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

muffnudge do we have a cap of how many smileys we can have?

I doubt many people are reading this thread cause it's pinned and not really something that would catch anyone's eye

I may make a thread to see if we'd have volunteers to tackle this if we had a quick writeup of instructions or a "how to"
                I’d be happy to help by the way, but my programming skills are somewhat limited. I might cause more harm than good.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post

I’d be happy to help by the way, but my programming skills are somewhat limited. I might cause more harm than good.
                  Years ago, before our rebranding, I took on the emoji project (which muffnudge took to another level this time around) and it was just uploading pics to slots and then giving them a ": shortcut word :"....not difficult at all, just tedious as all hell

Comment

Working...
                  X