Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gaming Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I bought "The Last of Us" a long time ago, but was in the middle of another game so I basically just did the intro and the tutorial stuff before putting it away...and then subsequently forgot about it. I was cleaning out my VG drawer and found the disc. As I was on leave Thursday thru next Tuesday, I decided to fire it up. Anyway, to make a long story short (quite literally in this case), I finished the game on "Hard" this morning at 3:45 AM.

    Super-engaging storyline coupled with mostly decent game mechanics. I'd rate it a solid 4.5/5.

    For those of you who have played both, how does "The Last of US II" hold up to the first one?

    Comment


    • FrobozMumbar I’m glad you enjoyed...going to spoiler tag the rest of this

      edit: don’t click on that spoiler, I just reread your post...I thought you played the second one and were asking about the first one....second one is a huuuuge let down of a story compared to the first, IMO

      but my post has mega spoilers and I’m not gonna delete it, cause you may play and come back and want to discuss

      SPOILERSo, I put the game down once I got into Seattle and haven’t picked it back up. At least I think it was Seattle. I did some stuff downtown with Ellie and the other girl and then got bored.

      I’m super bummed that I didn’t enjoy it, and I will likely pick it back up at some point, but I couldn’t get into it.

      I’ve read about how it ends and the story that went along with it, and that made it even less enticing to play.

      I will not ever see the other chick’s side...Abby, I think?

      she was fueled by rage and was looking for revenge, but the problem is, I don’t think she had any right to feel that way.

      her dad was going to kill Ellie with no proof that it was going to do any good. Joel had to make a judgement call and it sucks for her that it went that way, but her dad was way in the wrong IMO

      Joel’s blind trust was straight up bullshit, if you know him as a character....I get it, they softened him up, but he walked right into that trap almost willingly.

      punishment did not fit the crime AND they took the most compelling character in the game out of it in the first hour or so.

      what I read about the ending, after everything that happened with Ellie along the way, plus Joel being brutally attacked and left for dead, Ellie should have gutted her and hung her by her entrails.

      the first game was soooooooo good and such a good story, there was no way they’d live up to it, but they missed the mark BIG time for me.

      as expected, the game is beautiful.

      I highly recommend picking up TLoU remastered (probably $20) and playing through it...will probably ruin the second on for you

      Comment


      • Anyone read about the Ghost update coming 10/16?


        holy

        fucking

        shit

        were getting a brand new game almost

        LINK

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
          Anyone read about the Ghost update coming 10/16?


          holy

          fucking

          shit

          were getting a brand new game almost

          LINK

          Sweet. I just ran the intro and tutorial section for Ghost this morning (well, what was left of the morning after I finally woke up). I'm really liking it so far.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post


            Sweet. I just ran the intro and tutorial section for Ghost this morning (well, what was left of the morning after I finally woke up). I'm really liking it so far.
            Awesome! It's fucking great....and this update has literally all the QoL stuff I thought it was missing....can't wait til it drops

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

              Awesome! It's fucking great....and this update has literally all the QoL stuff I thought it was missing....can't wait til it drops
              So with this update pending I’ve decided to put Ghost on hold until it drops. I bought “Control” to play in the meantime. I’m about two hours into it and it’s bizarre to say the least. I didn’t read anything about it so I’m going in with zero idea of what it’s all about. I downloaded it solely because it appeared on several top RPG lists.

              Comment


              • Control update: I’m pretty sure this game was co-designed by a conspiracy theorist and an occult aficionado...and they both dropped a shit-ton of acid.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post

                  So with this update pending I’ve decided to put Ghost on hold until it drops. I bought “Control” to play in the meantime. I’m about two hours into it and it’s bizarre to say the least. I didn’t read anything about it so I’m going in with zero idea of what it’s all about. I downloaded it solely because it appeared on several top RPG lists.
                  Totally get it, BUT one of the things with the update is you get to play through the game again with all your gear and upgrades....I will say, it’s not one to rush, but I didn’t have a job when it came out so I put in about 30 hours in two days and was able to do almost everything while still going through the story

                  it is not one to rush, by any means, but, if you’re not digging control, it’s not the end of the world if you played through Ghost before the update...granted, the update is only a few days away

                  Comment


                  • Ghost of Tsushima update is out and it is fabulous....can't wait to get into it some more

                    Anyone that's playing Legends, what class are you picking? I went Ronin, I think it's the most versatile...it has the "worst" special, in healing, but it's got ranged and melee play

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
                      Ghost of Tsushima update is out and it is fabulous....can't wait to get into it some more

                      Anyone that's playing Legends, what class are you picking? I went Ronin, I think it's the most versatile...it has the "worst" special, in healing, but it's got ranged and melee play
                      Well, I know what I'll be doing this weekend starting tonight.

                      Control is really quite awesome and a lot of fun, but it's rather short by big game standards. It's the first major title to exploit ray tracing with the next gen consols in mind though, and they are woking on a massive update for their release next month...it's supposed to bring the visuals up to almost on par with a high end PC gaming rig. So I think I'm going to switch gears back to Ghost and then wait for the PS5/Control update.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
                        Ghost of Tsushima update is out and it is fabulous....can't wait to get into it some more

                        Anyone that's playing Legends, what class are you picking? I went Ronin, I think it's the most versatile...it has the "worst" special, in healing, but it's got ranged and melee play
                        I’m going to start playing shortly, think I’ll start with assassin.

                        Comment


                        • Yes, this short excerpt from an interview makes this video appropriate for this thread...

                          .

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X