Gaming Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just started downloading MS Flight Simulator 2020 on my Oculus PC

My old gaming rig meets has 16gig of RAM, GTX 970 (ancient, I know, but that's "suggested" in the specs), but it's only got an i5-6400 vs. the suggested 8400

I'll be interested to see how it does, hopefully it just runs and looks OK

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
      Just started downloading MS Flight Simulator 2020 on my Oculus PC

My old gaming rig meets has 16gig of RAM, GTX 970 (ancient, I know, but that's "suggested" in the specs), but it's only got an i5-6400 vs. the suggested 8400

I'll be interested to see how it does, hopefully it just runs and looks OK
      Some time after the election I am going to build a new PC with about 5 TB of storage, and take on FS 2020 at that time. I will likely replace the OLED with laser projection as well. For years I have enjoyed flying the planes in Google Earth (not too low where the visuals breakdown), but this new FS is a fundamental turning point in gaming.

Last edited by an()maly; 08-28-20, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by an()maly View Post

Some time after the election I am going to build a new PC with about 5 TB of storage, and take on FS 2020 at that time. I will likely replace the OLED with laser projection as well. For years I have enjoyed flying the planes in Google Earth (not too low where the visuals breakdown), but this new FS is a fundamental turning point in gaming.

I'm excited to play some more when I have some time. I did some training and had a blast.

My computer handles it, but not too well...this video is incredible!

Comment

• 4oxr4k5s1zj51.jpg

Comment

• Toss in COVID too. Which is why I have a good chunk of change invested in several video game companies in the United States, Europe, and China.

Comment

• IRL vs. MSFS

Comment

• Comment

• Should I buy the new XBox? I've been primarily PS since the PS3 came out. I prefer solo games and am not really into shooters. Strong stories and all that. Is it worth getting? It's not like $299 is a major life choice, and I'll almost definitely be getting a PS5 regardless. But if I'm not going to use it then I'd rather not have it taking up space.

Comment

• Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
                    Should I buy the new XBox? I've been primarily PS since the PS3 came out. I prefer solo games and am not really into shooters. Strong stories and all that. Is it worth getting? It's not like $299 is a major life choice, and I'll almost definitely be getting a PS5 regardless. But if I'm not going to use it then I'd rather not have it taking up space.
                    I will end up having both like I always do, cause I will still play exclusives on both, but I'm getting the PS5 first cause I have more friends that have PS

I love both consoles for different reasons

Comment

• Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
                      Should I buy the new XBox? I've been primarily PS since the PS3 came out. I prefer solo games and am not really into shooters. Strong stories and all that. Is it worth getting? It's not like $299 is a major life choice, and I'll almost definitely be getting a PS5 regardless. But if I'm not going to use it then I'd rather not have it taking up space.
                      It's not for everyone, but I think a Quest would be a more interesting addition if you're gonna have a PS4/5 already.

I've got a Quest and a Switch and I'm debating whether to add a PS5 when it comes out or wait a couple of years until there's a bigger and cheaper game library. I usually prefer to do the latter, but it might be fun to buy a brand new console for the first time in forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by LARPHawk View Post

It's not for everyone, but I think a Quest would be a more interesting addition if you're gonna have a PS4/5 already.

I've got a Quest and a Switch and I'm debating whether to add a PS5 when it comes out or wait a couple of years until there's a bigger and cheaper game library. I usually prefer to do the latter, but it might be fun to buy a brand new console for the first time in forever.
                        I am really close to getting a Quest, actually.

I just don't have the room/space to set up my rift with everything it requires...but to have something free standing is super attractive to me....I love VR, but don't use it enough cause it's got so many wires

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

I am really close to getting a Quest, actually.

I just don't have the room/space to set up my rift with everything it requires...but to have something free standing is super attractive to me....I love VR, but don't use it enough cause it's got so many wires
                          Wasn't thinking about it earlier, but I've been hearing rumors about a Quest 2 for a while. Just googled and sounds like an announcement maybe coming as soon as next week.

And yeah, I don't know if I'd play as much if it weren't wireless. Really easy to grab and play. But I also don't have a gaming PC, so it wasn't really a choice for me either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by LARPHawk View Post

Wasn't thinking about it earlier, but I've been hearing rumors about a Quest 2 for a while. Just googled and sounds like an announcement maybe coming as soon as next week.

And yeah, I don't know if I'd play as much if it weren't wireless. Really easy to grab and play. But I also don't have a gaming PC, so it wasn't really a choice for me either way.
                            When I first got it, it was worth it, and my gaming PC was up to date....now it's dated and tons of wires....probably time for an upgrade anyway

Just wish the Rift got some use from someone

Comment

• So, I’ve been thinking a lot since all this PS5 nonsense ha been going on and I couldn’t get a pre-order in.

I’m pretty sure I’m going to build a gaming PC and try to “future proof” it as much as possible.

I’m already resigned to the fact that I’ll be spending a decent chunk, but I like the idea of having something that can play whatever and I don’t have to deal with pre-orders and upgrades for awhile.

I’m going to get my fiancée the ps5 digital version when I can, so at least I’ll have access to exclusives if I want, but with Xbox game pass and stuff, I should be set with a good gaming rig

so, all that said, should I go for the 3080?

Comment

• I read an article a long time ago where they did an economic analysis and buying as much machine as possible and using it for as long as possible before replacing it was the best way to go in the long run. I imagine that that still holds true.

Comment

Working...
                                X