Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do people feel about the comment removal?

I have definitely noticed that more threads are getting bumped

Comment

I prefer having the comments, myself. I know its a bit of a hassle not knowing if your post has been commented on, but it seems to keep the threads more organized.

Comment

I wonder if it give the appearance of more traffic, which perhaps will actually generate more traffic. If we had more posters posting, personally I’d like the comments back. But it isn’t really busy enough yet to be cumbersome without them.

There are certainly some threads where they’d still be very useful.

Comment

Whenever someone commented on one of my posts I would get a notification on the bell icon at the top of the page, just like when they quote one of my posts or mention me in one of their posts. Is this not true for everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by JayhawkLifer View Post
            Whenever someone commented on one of my posts I would get a notification on the bell icon at the top of the page, just like when they quote one of my posts or mention me in one of their posts. Is this not true for everyone?
            I think you can customize this in "Settings."

Comment

I don't really care either way, but if I had to pick one, I'd go with no comments since they seem to give people problems that quoting doesn't (I don't feel that not having quote pyramids is a point of contention).

Comment

JayhawkLifer you only get the notification if it's your thread or your post that gets commented on...or someone @ messages you of course

Comment

I’m 50/50. The threads are far cleaner and easier to read with the comments, but the lack of notification/indication that there’s a new comment is annoying.

Comment

I was annoyed that the comments were gone, but it's really better to see a new post notification in the menu because I am sure I missed many comments in topics I enjoyed but didn't post in.

Comment

The money has transferred to my account for renewal of our license and will be applied on 9/14. I will show the money exiting my account when it's gone as well.

This leaves us with ~$280 in our account, for reference.

I believe sean is in the process of renewing our chat license which costs us ~$15. He will be reimbursed from our paypal leaving ~$265 in the account
                      Attached Files

Comment

FYI

Comment

Scheduled outage for like 11:45 PST 11/20/18, so if anyone is browsing at that time, just a heads up

Comment

Working...
                          X