This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin Transparency Thread

We know a lot of gripes people have had with other sites have been a lack of communication with “management”

we want to avoid that here....I haven’t decided if I’m going to sticky this or just bump it when necessary, but this will be the thread we post in before making any major changes or planned outages, or other management decisions

also, I’d encourage people to post their gripes with the site in here....I can’t promise that everything will be fixed or changed on demand, but we’ll definitely consider them

so, to start, I received this just now, so plan ahead:

We will be upgrading your vB Cloud site www.wavingthewheat.org at approximately 2017-10-02 11:30:00 PST. We'll handle this for you and there's nothing you need to do on this.

Your site will be unavailable during the upgrade and you might experience broken styles, both of which shouldn't last for more than a few minutes. We'll let you know when the upgrade is complete.

-- vBulletin Customer Service

Thanks, Joe. We appreciate all you do.

Comment

What she said.

Comment

+1

Comment

Ditto

Comment

Just saw this, I do some things, but not enough things! haha

I appreciate all of you guys and MissTCShore and FrobozMumbar , you guys are helping out too, so don't be shy

seriously though, the people driving this are markhawk , sean , Jhawkz5 , ono and FreddieKU

they're doing the work and deserve all the credit

Comment

FYI
              Congratulations! Your vBulletin Cloud site www.wavingthewheat.org has been upgraded to vBulletin 5.3.3, the latest version of our software.

This version introduces new modules such as Trending Topics and Friend's Activity as well as the ability to share Articles, Topics, Blog Entries and Group Discussions to Facebook and Twitter. In addition, Push Notifications have been enhanced to support subscriptions, topic replies and reported posts in conjunction with the upcoming version of our Mobile Suite.

A list of all the improvements contained in this release is provided here.

Please check your site to confirm it's up again and functioning properly.

If there are any issues or you have questions regarding the upgrade, please contact us at vBCloud Support. Thanks!

-- vBulletin Customer Service

Comment

Hey Joe, I think you oughta pin this thread, no?

Comment

Yeah, I can do that...I just didn't want too many pinned threads

I will probably unpin some of the others though

Comment

I like the idea of this thread. Seems important to have a direct, consolidated line of communication.

Comment

I mentioned our to do list in another thread and thought this would be a good place to post it for you guys to see where we stand:
                      • Breadcrumbs at bottom of pages (1) - Channel Navigation added, might replace if BC not an option
                      • Twitter embeds (1) - Done
                      • Emoji overhaul (1)
                      • Chat (1) - Done
                      • Tapatalk (1) - Forum Runner? - Tapatalk out, looking at other options
                      • Thumbs - something more than the Like feature (1)
                      • Number of displayed topics in a forum (2) - Done
                      • Colors/theming (4) - In progress
                      • Increase text and avatar size (8)
                      • Email notifications (10) - anyone still getting these?
                      • "Jump to last post" setting (11) - Done
                      • Jump to different forum at bottom (34)
                      • www. in certain browsers (61)
                      • WTW banner (67) - Done and it's glorious - but seriously need real logo
                      • Page numbers by thread titles (74)
                      • White space suggestions - online status/join date/reputation (77)
                      • Posting excerpts from articles (78)
                      • Mobile layout considerations (80) - In progress
                      • Fix reCAPTCHA (90)
                      • Next Topic button (102)
                      • Page numbers at top and bottom of pages (112)
                      • .gifv, mp4, webm support (121) - Done?
                      • Animated avatars (130) - Eventually need to inform users on new sizing and everything
                      • Streamable video support - Done
                      • Commas in post count
                      • "Users who have read this thread" display
                      • If Possible - Add Twitter Feed Add-On at "Forum" Page - Done LOW PRIORITY -> Trim to 5-10 tweets
                      • If Possible - Add Countdown Clock
                      • If Possible and Board wants it - add (1) notification to tab settings like facebook or gmail when you have a notification
                      • If Possible - change icons next to forums from speech bubbles to KU logos, same goes for the icons next to the thread title to show status - at the very least, make bigger
                      • Need to fix "Politics" most recent post situation - I looked in channel settings and didn't see anything that immediately jumped out at me
                      • If Possible - remove twitter and facebook share options under post count

don't mind the numbers, they don't really have meaning anymore

Comment

Is the twitter embed the Facebook/Twitter buttons in our profiles?

Comment

Thanks again to you guys. You’re doing great work.

Comment

Anything on a place for contributions for the upkeep, etc.?

Comment

Cleaned up the list; added comments from the tech side of things. A few of the requests aren't necessarily supported by the vBulletin Cloud platform and would be hard to implement. A quick analogy is you've rented an apartment; you can repaint the walls and replace the fixtures, but you can't remodel the kitchen because it'd mess up your neighbor's apartment. We're in a similar situation. We can make a few cosmetic changes, but board functionality is shared by other vBC clients, so we can't alter too much.
                              • Emoji overhaul
                              • Tapatalk - Forum Runner? - Tapatalk out, looking at other options
                              • Thumbs - something more than the Like feature
                              • Increase text and avatar size
                              • Jump to different forum at bottom - Is this solved by the Forum list?
                              • www. in certain browsers
                              • WTW banner - Anyone have ideas? Know a graphic designer?
                              • Page numbers by thread titles - One fix I've found online requires editing a PHP file...Apartment analogy.
                              • White space suggestions - online status/join date/reputation - this can likely be done via CSS modification. I'm diving into that, I'll see what I can come up with. I'm assuming ditch all three?Done
                              • Posting excerpts from articles
                              • Mobile layout considerations
                              • Fix reCAPTCHA
                              • Next Topic button -
                              • Page numbers at top and bottom of pages - Is this needed with the floating bar at top?
                              • Animated avatars - Eventually need to inform users on new sizing and everything
                              • Commas in post count - Can't change.
                              • "Users who have read this thread" display - Is this necessary?
                              • If Possible - Add Countdown Clock
                              • If Possible and Board wants it - add (1) notification to tab settings like facebook or gmail when you have a notification
                              • If Possible - change icons next to forums from speech bubbles to KU logos, same goes for the icons next to the thread title to show status - at the very least, make bigger - probably doable via CSS.
                              • Need to fix "Politics" most recent post situation - There's a setting in the flair groups that is causing this. Just need to find it and fix it.
                              • If Possible - remove twitter and facebook share options under post count - possible CSS fixDone
                              Last edited by markhawk; 10-02-17, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X