Facebook Spam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Spam?

So I got this message in my FB private message box earlier today....

Dear S&B, How are you? I hope you are good. I couldn't hesitate to stop at your profile cos you look very cute...wow. I Would like to know simple things about you. I am single and self employed. I have a daughter, do you agree with me that being single is bore? Maybe we can be friends and go from there. I wait to hear back from you.

John

1) We have no mutual friends
    2) He lives in Massachusetts but is from Venezuela, hence his broken English
    3) He is pretty hot

Should I mess with him? I wouldn't respond directly from my real account as I don't want him having access to information like that. But I could set up a fake one and send him the same type of message just to fun around with the idiot trolling girls' facebook profiles. I wonder how "cute" he will think I am when I tell him I have three boys under the age of 7 and haven't earned a penny in over 7 years.

Ask him about his thoughts on breast milk.

Comment

Can you send a message to someone you're not friends with or was one of your friend's accounts hacked?

Comment

if you dabble with fucking with him, just make sure you have different passwords for facebook and email, much less banking stuff. facebook has awful security.

Comment

PIITB

Comment

Originally posted by gravyshanks View Post
            if you dabble with fucking with him, just make sure you have different passwords for facebook and email, much less banking stuff. facebook has awful security.
            No worries.....I am not stupid enough to get myself kidnapped and held for ransom in a foreign country. Oh wait. I guess you were.

Anyway, you are right....it's not worth the risk (even though I use a different password).

Comment

Originally posted by kcjhawks4 View Post
              Can you send a message to someone you're not friends with or was one of your friend's accounts hacked?
              I am pretty sure you can send a private to message to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by gravyshanks View Post
                It's a little better with the underutilized-by-most security feature using https. Go to Settings > Account Security > Secure browsing.

Comment

Working...
                X