The Lingering Guest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lingering Guest

Had some friends over last night to play cards/kinect/drink, etc...well, we played till about 2:30 or 3 and a couple were too drunk to drive home, so they crashed here

anyway, it gets to about 4:00 this afternoon and several missed hints before they decide it's time to go

Personally, I'm out the door HOPEFULLY even before the hosts wake up...I just don't understand the lingering

What are your thoughts?

GTFO. ASAP. If I'm the guest, preferably after dropping a gigantic deuce.

Comment

Are your friends 17?

I must be getting really old because the thought of hanging around somebody's house in last night's clothes and no toothbrush sounds terribly gross to me.

Comment

One of them is the gf's brother and I think he felt too comfortable

that guy doesn't really have a good social skill set as he's 31 and still in college with no degree

Comment

I at least hang around long enough to say thank you for the place to stay. Then I'm out.

Comment

Next time announce your plans, which include leaving the house shortly, and mention that you have a security-of-the-premises issue that you're obsessive about. In 30 minutes, usher them out and drive somewhere about ten minutes away, a Dunkins or Walmart, then come home and get on with the day without losers hanging around.

Comment

haha, I left the house to get "some things"...GF stayed so I guess it wasn't quite as effective, but that'd be my cue, if I hadn't taken one already

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
                haha, I left the house to get "some things"...GF stayed so I guess it wasn't quite as effective, but that'd be my cue, if I hadn't taken one already
                Clearly they thought you meant, "Going out to get takeout breakfast for four and a case of beer. See you when I get back."

Comment

Guess so...I was in my bedroom watching TV with the GF and I hear him fire up my xbox and start playing kinect

haha

Comment

Yeah, the woman has to go along with the plan. Maybe set up a code between you two in advance, like "We need to get to Walmart pretty soon" so she knows to play along.

Anybody else remember the SNL sketch from c. 1980 "The Thing That Wouldn't Leave"?

Comment

bump

ugh, we had people over last night at about 2 in the afternoon...they didn't leave until after 12:30

Comment

bump

ugh, we had people over last night at about 2 in the afternoon...they didn't leave until after 12:30
                        This sounds very BBSB-esque. Did you also tell them they needed to give you more than 5 dollars for a keg cup?

Comment

Originally posted by KVN638 View Post
                          This sounds very BBSB-esque. Did you also tell them they needed to give you more than 5 dollars for a keg cup?
                          they didn't bring or offer anything for the beer and dinner, but we didn't ask them to

Comment

what kind of swinger operation are you running?

Comment

apparently not a good one

Comment

Working...
                              X