Vertical Red/Cyan line in my LCD TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vertical Red/Cyan line in my LCD TV

This little turd burglar showed up on our TV after we moved. How fucked am I?

Is it on everything? Like DVD/Blueray/ps3?

Try changing the input in the back?

Comment

Yep, every input.

Comment

Early FPD's that was a fairly common occurance. If it's under warranty it will probably be replaced.
        If not you're screwed.

Comment

Yeah...52 inch LCD that is about 3.25 years old now.

I'm pretty pissed. This isn't going to be a cheap trip to Best Buy.

Comment

After doing some reading around the tubes and avsforum.com it seems like a red line indicates an LCD failure and that the price to repair could EXCEED the price of a new TV.

Comment

Originally posted by filmfanatic24 View Post
              After doing some reading around the tubes and avsforum.com it seems like a red line indicates an LCD failure and that the price to repair could EXCEED the price of a new TV.
              Guessing if it's 3+ years old it wasn't 1080p so now you have an excuse to upgrade.

Comment

Everything about fixing an LCD is more expensive than a replacement. Well nearly.

Comment

If you do upgrade, donate that sucker to a teen center or front porch alliance and you will have nice write-off for taxes this year. Kids who probably never will see a 52 inch flat screen won't be bothered by the red line. Make sure they write you a letter of thanks detailing your donation for tax purposes.

You get a new tv and you make the year for some needed kids.

We did this with one of my old tvs and I felt much better about overspending on my replacement.
                  Last edited by WavetheWheat; 04-10-11, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Actually it was 1080p, but only 60hz.

It was a good TV, but not sure I want another Samsung after this.

Comment

It can happen to any of them.

Comment

Sorry your TV is jacked. The only thing I have to add is that I think the phrase 'turd burglar' is underutilized in the American vernacular.

Comment

My college roommate had it happen to his Sony. I thought it was a Plasma but I could be wrong.

Comment

After a lot of internet looking today I think I'm going to buy THIS from Costco. I had always been leery of buying TVs from Costco as I know, at least in the past, they had slightly different models than the Best Buys, etc. This one, while almost a year old, looks like it is a tremendous bargin for what you get. I usually don't like Sony TVs because I feel they are too blue in picture tint, but I might pull the trigger on this one.

Comment

uhhhhh yeah....my led is 55" ~$1800 and it's not 3d ready

Comment

Working...
                              X