I'm a lucky bastard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a lucky bastard.

Just got pulled over by an Olathe police officer about a mile from my house; he clocked me going 17 over in a 50 mph zone. I thought I was fucked. He walked up and asked me if I knew why I got pulled over, and I simply said, "Speeding." I fully expected him to return my license and registration with nice, fresh ticket, but he simply gave me a warning, told me it would've been an expensive ticket, and sent me on my way.

*EDIT* - I shouldn't joke about driving drunk like that. I wasn't drunk, but last night was the only time I've ever been pulled over when worried I may have had Breath O' Beer. Still stupid of me, though.
    Last edited by ElJefe58; 04-09-11, 04:21 PM.

The only ticket I ever got out of was when I was on my way to Abilene on Thanksgiving weekend. I was doing close to 100 on I70. I had my German Shepherd in the back seat. The cop that pulled me over just happened to be K-9. His dog's head popped up in the back of the cruiser and my dogs head popped up and the tail started wagging. The officer came back, asked me about my dog and told me to slow down and have a great weekend.

It was a WAY better day than the day I got pulled over on 69 outside of Stilwell for going 85 and then again about an hour and a half later on I70 outside of Topeka for 90. That day sucked.
    Last edited by ; 04-09-11, 01:23 AM.

Comment

I have got out of more tickets than I have actually been ticketed. The last time was this past summer. I was about 8 months pregnant and I had the other two boys in the back of our 3-row SUV. As only a four-year-old can, Ben had just had a meltdown in which he decided to take off all of his clothes and throw them to me in the front of the car. This happened about 2 minutes prior to the cop pulling me over for speeding. Imagine his surprise to see a completely naked child in the back strapped into a carseat. He rolled his eyes at Ben, told me he had a four-year-old himself, suggested I get home and put some clothes on him, and then let me off.

Comment

false

jefe 3.0 would never get fucked

Comment

I hope you not only get caught, but that you rot in jail a while for it too when you finally do.

Get a fucking cab shithead, don't drive drunk

assholes like you kill people

Comment

Originally posted by ElJefe58 View Post
            I Blew a cop
            FYP

Comment

Originally posted by Evolvehawk View Post
              I hope you not only get caught, but that you rot in jail a while for it too when you finally do.

Evolve and I don't agree on much, but we sure do here. I ain't no saint as I've been lop-legged drunk and driven home more times than I care to count, but ever since I've been a Daddy it's put things in perspective. I'll drive home after having a couple beers with supper, but any more than that and it's just not worth it. Too much at stake, man.

Call a cab. Call a bro. Call anybody. Just don't drive after drinking that much.

Comment

If they ask you why you are being pulled over and you can tell them. About 70% of the time they are going to let you off the hook. Every officer I have ever worked with has said If you lie to me I'm going to give you a ticket every time.

Comment

I have been there Jefe. By been there, I mean last night. I drove when I shouldn't have. Smite me oh mighty smiters.

Comment

Jefe, I dedicated a thread to you drinking last night.

You should have just gotten drunk and posted all over Oread like many of us did.

Comment

Wow, Jefe can't even get fucked by a cop.

Next time try the standard college girl pick up line, "I'm so drunk"

Comment

Originally posted by Evolvehawk View Post

Oh, I know I shouldn't have been driving. To be honest, I was barely even buzzed because I have an extremely high alcohol tolerance, but it's just not a good idea to push my luck like that. I don't have a history of driving drunk, either, so you can say that despite my joking manner in my original post I understand not to do shit like that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
                          false

jefe 3.0 would never get fucked
                          I wasn't fucked. I drank a dozen beers last night, yes, but it was over the course of the evening and I wasn't shitty or anything...so I'm still holding true to my Jefe 3.0 virtues. :glasses:

Comment

Originally posted by thedeerehunter View Post
                            Evolve and I don't agree on much, but we sure do here. I ain't no saint as I've been lop-legged drunk and driven home more times than I care to count, but ever since I've been a Daddy it's put things in perspective. I'll drive home after having a couple beers with supper, but any more than that and it's just not worth it. Too much at stake, man.

Call a cab. Call a bro. Call anybody. Just don't drive after drinking that much.
                            Correctomundo. Jefe knows better. I guess living out in the boonies makes me want to drink more nowadays or something...

Comment

Originally posted by WavetheWheat View Post
                              I have been there Jefe. By been there, I mean last night. I drove when I shouldn't have. Smite me oh mighty smiters.
                              We really need good public transit in this county; everything is so fucking spread out. I guess I took it for granted when I lived in Lawrence and could get obliterated and just stumble home a few blocks away. I'm getting adjusted to BFE/SW Olathe/Gardner/whereeverthefuckitis.

Comment

Working...
                              X