New Beerz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Beerz

I am in need of new beer recommendations.

In an effort to put a little fun back in Sunday nights, I have started a tradition of buying a new 6-pack of beer when I do my usual Sunday evening grocery run. I've been doing this for about a few months and it's been a fun way to try new beers that we might not normally try at the driveustodrink house.

So.....shoot me your new favorite beers. I've mostly kept to seasonals thus far, but am willing to try (almost) anything.

When the weather gets warm, I'm all about getting loaded on Mexican macro brews. Sorry brah, nothing new here.

Comment

I've been heavily into Smuttynose beers lately. If you see their 12 pack sampler, go for it. Great IPA and Pale Ale. Others are good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopo View Post
        I've been heavily into Smuttynose beers lately. If you see their 12 pack sampler, go for it. Great IPA and Pale Ale. Others are good too.
        Smuttynose. Based on the name alone, I love it already.

Comment

Having the Smuttynose Robust Porter now. It's a truly sublime beer. On the level with my favorite beer of all-time, Sierra Nevada Porter.

Comment

Having the Smuttynose Robust Porter now. It's a truly sublime beer. On the level with my favorite beer of all-time, Sierra Nevada Porter.
            And here I always thought your favorite beer of all-time was the Sam Adams Noble Pils. You think you know someone....and then BOOM!!

Comment

The Noble is a good one this time of year, and this year's batch is better than last year's, but there are many pilsners and lagers that I prize above it, mostly from Czech and Germany. Jever Pils is high on the list.

I started calling SN Porter my "favorite beer of all-time" about 25 years ago. I'm not sure if it's still true, but it is a damned solid beer. And 25 years ago is was easily the best beer brewed in North America. Sierra Nevada makes their own yeast, yo.

But, seriously, get Smutty.

Comment

But, seriously, get Smutty.
                This is what I tell all the ladies I see drinking, too.

Comment

Girls Gone Wild, vol. 3,482: "Slutties hammered on Smutties" coming to a video store near you.

Comment

Working...
                  X