Attn: Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn: Film

I am asking nicely again for weekly movie reviews if your busy schedule permits.

If not, can you please give me the low-down on the following films:

Hop
    Rango
    Diary of a Wimpy Kid

I am staring down Spring Break next week and me and my girlfriends are plotting our plan of attack to get thru the week. There will obviously be alcohol involved. But that doesn't work for the kids so we thought we would take in a movie (or two).

Hop--don't see
    Rango--see
    Diary of a Wimpy Kid--box office says see

Comment

Originally posted by Oobers View Post
      Hop--don't see
      Rango--see
      Diary of a Wimpy Kid--box office says see

For the love of all that is holy, don't judge the quality of the movie based on the amount of money in brings in at the Box Office. Transformers 2 sold lots of tickets.

Rango-See (especially if kids aren't REALLY young)
      Hop - No
      Diary - No

Now that I'm moved and work is settling down a bit I'll try to get back into the habit of doing write ups.

Comment

Rango - do see. We took 11 kids to see it and there was nary a negative comment from the small people.

Comment

11 kids to a movie? Why would you ruin the movie for everyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by KVN638 View Post
            11 kids to a movie? Why would you ruin the movie for everyone else?
            Have you ever been to a kid movie? The theatre is generally crawling with loud, snotty kids.

Comment

Any of them named Sam or Ben?

Comment

Originally posted by samandbendrivemetodrink View Post
                Have you ever been to a kid movie? The theatre is generally crawling with loud, snotty kids.
                I try to choose times when I will encounter the least amount of them. Friday evenings/nights are the worst. Middle school fuckers who don't shut up and are finger banging their girlfriends.

Comment

One of the children was named Samantha, does that count?

Actually company event, all the young kids from all the employees. We do stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
                    Any of them named Sam or Ben?
                    Nah, my kids are generally good during movies. Only because I buy them loads of popcorn and candy to keep their pieholes shut.

Comment

Nah, my kids are generally good during movies. Only because I buy them loads of popcorn and candy to keep their pieholes shut.
                      Wait a minute...are you Pat Forde?

Comment

I liked Rango but I expected to love it and did not.

I'll probably give it another chance when it comes on Starz or a premium channel.

Comment

Originally posted by filmfanatic24 View Post
                          For the love of all that is holy, don't judge the quality of the movie based on the amount of money in brings in at the Box Office. Transformers 2 sold lots of tickets.

Rango-See (especially if kids aren't REALLY young)
                          Hop - No
                          Diary - No

Now that I'm moved and work is settling down a bit I'll try to get back into the habit of doing write ups.
                          She was asking for movies for the kids right? This series is immensely popular among the young folk and it delivers all they need. I've got an eight year old brother who loved it and gauging by his chatter when I was home for spring break, his friends did too.

Its not really a movie aimed at the adults.

Comment

Your kids are not snotty. Didn't one of them make sure of that in front of their whole class? #proudmama

Comment

CougarFight!

Comment

Working...
                              X