Westboro tards are protesting at a funeral about 1/4 mile from my house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westboro tards are protesting at a funeral about 1/4 mile from my house

Wife said there's about 10 times as many people between them and the church. Funeral is for a kid who died in a motorcycle crash.

Honestly, how long before somebody opens up on these people? Would anyone even feel bad?

Did the traveling bikers show up for this one?

I can't remember what they're called "freedom guard" or something

Comment

yep. they're there.

Comment

Pics plz? I always wanted to see what the scene looks like

Comment

I'm sure it will be on the news. If some end up in my facebook feed, I'll pass them along.

Comment

fair enough

Comment

I used to think along the lines of "Honestly, how long before somebody opens up on these people?" but I realized that the Phelps clan has been really GOOD, on balance, for the side of tolerance and reason. They're so abhorrent that they make that side appear for what they really are, even the closeted housewives and businesspeople who agree with their protests: hateful, ignorant and intolerant.

Gay rights has prospered in the Phelps era. Acceptance of gays is no longer uncommon, even in Topeka, Kansas. It's the new normal.

They are their own worst enemies.

Or maybe that's what they've wanted all along. Because you know Fred Phelps is a rampaging homo inside.

Comment

"Fred Phelps is a rampaging homo inside"

NTTAWWT

Comment

Looks like the ATTENTION WHORES of Westboro are planning to stage their act at Elizabeth Taylor's funeral.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopo View Post
                    Looks like the ATTENTION WHORES of Westboro are planning to stage their act at Elizabeth Taylor's funeral.
                    Shocked I am at that news. Truly shocked.

(Note dripping sarcasm)

I agree with Hoopo in that their assclown antics have done more to help gay rights than to hinder them. These other hate groups look at these dickweeds and go "we can't compete with that", and they move on to other things to hate.

Instead of protesting I think it would be better if everyone just pointed and laughed at them.

Comment

No amount of reasoning and no words can sufficiently describe the complete lunacy that is the Phelps clan.

Comment

The worst part of it all is that, coupled with the B.O.E. idiocy of years past, Kansas has a black eye worldwide as a bacwards state. This perception is tough to shake with Phelps doing his shennanigans.

Luckily people like Bill Self also represent our state (even though he's Oklahoman by birth).

Comment

would smash then smash.

Comment

the protest protesters

Comment

Honestly, I find it shocking that there have never been any big brawls...but I guess that's what the phelps would probably want

Comment

Working...
                              X