The one that got away thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one that got away thread.

It got me thinking. Not necessarily about a significant other but an event that you had a chance to go to and didn't. Later to find out what you missed out on.

Springsteen in Denver at Mile High during the Born in the USA tour. We made the trek to Denver to see the show. It was late October, day of the show it snowed around 3 inches. They called off the show for that night and rescheduled the show for the next day. I was a broke college kid and didn't have enough cash to stay another day so we came back. From what I read about the concert, Springsteen felt like a puzzy for cancelling and so they put on a monumental show to make up for it.

Re: The one that got away thread.

Radiohead in St. Louis right before school started in 2003. I had tickets but got sick and couldn't go. Whyyyyy?

Comment

Obviously for the older circuit, but....

Elton John-Billy Joel at Sprint Center. Not for me, but for my 12-year-old who just became a fan this year.

We also missed Carole King and James Taylor, which I've heard is a great show.

Comment

skipping out on studying abroad becuase i didn't want to go into debt

passing up on coachella festival this year....lollapalooza was great and all, but coachella looked sick

Comment

In the early 90's the Louisville Motor Speedway had free concerts during the summer that were sponsored by a local radio station. I was in high school at the time and we went to just about every one. The one we missed? Garth Brooks, just about the time "Friends in Low Places" came out.

Comment

I missed out on a of montreal concert because it was when the phillies won the world series and there was a parade so traffic would be REALLY BAD

Comment

Johnny Cash(!) played the grand opening of the Newton outlet mall(!) for free(!) in 1996.

I didn't go. :o

Comment

the clash @ starlight theater in '84
                (it still makes me mad that i missed it)

my other one is probably steely dan in the mid-90's. their first tour together in a number of years.

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot the Elliott Smith concert at Liberty Hall. I think maybe JL had tickets to it. Bleh.

Comment

This is easy for me. The Orange Bowl. Decided at the last minute that it was too expensive and too much of a logistical challenge....and I admit I thought we would lose. I learned my lesson and two days after the win I booked my tickets to San Antonio. I was not going to let that happen again.

Comment

[quote author=SnackMantis link=topic=388.msg3726#msg3726 date=1281725013]
                      Oh yeah, I forgot the Elliott Smith concert at Liberty Hall. I think maybe JL had tickets to it. Bleh.
                      [/quote]

yup...you remembered....i sure did.

e.smith AND grandaddy

(but it was at the granada)

Comment

[quote author=JackLord link=topic=388.msg3729#msg3729 date=1281725132]
                        [quote author=SnackMantis link=topic=388.msg3726#msg3726 date=1281725013]
                        [/quote]

yup...you remembered....i sure did.

e.smith AND grandaddy

(but it was at the granada)
                        [/quote]

Hmmmm, I thought I had tickets to an e.s. show at Liberty Hall. Regardless, I wish I had seen him.

Comment

I saw Pink Floyd and U2 at Arrowhead Stadium in the early '90s (and am glad I did), but I wished I would have seen Guns 'n Roses.

Comment

[quote author=LimeHawk link=topic=388.msg3702#msg3702 date=1281723930]
                            It got me thinking. Not necessarily about a significant other but an event that you had a chance to go to and didn't. Later to find out what you missed out on.

Springsteen in Denver at Mile High during the Born in the USA tour. We made the trek to Denver to see the show. It was late October, day of the show it snowed around 3 inches. They called off the show for that night and rescheduled the show for the next day. I was a broke college kid and didn't have enough cash to stay another day so we came back. From what I read about the concert, Springsteen felt like a puzzy for cancelling and so they put on a monumental show to make up for it.
                            [/quote]

I was at both those shows at Mile High and they were in late September. It wasn't snow that canceled the Sunday night show (Sep. 22), it was massive amounts of rain . . . and it was cold as hell. I distinctly remember it because the first night's show was on Springsteen's birthday (September 23 . . . the crowd sang happy birthday to him) and the make up show was on my birthday (September 24). Good times, thanks for allowing me to remember that memory. Sorry you had to miss it.

Comment

... and that was the soup that got away...

Comment

Working...
                              X