Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KU Shirt sighting on TV

Well, it's kind of old TV, but still...

I was watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 6 last night (which I have probably watched 5 or 6 times) and noticed one of the characters wearing a KU shirt. I was very ashamed that I hadn't noticed this earlier.

Screencaps for your pleasure

I like how that's what you're ashamed of

Comment

I sorta wonder if the actor was allowed to choose his own t-shirt, or lobbied the director to use his favorite. Or maybe the director wanted it to be a KU shirt.

Pretty cool. It seems to have happened a lot more in pop culture in the last 10-15 years. Never saw KU gear on screen (PROVE ME WRONG!) in the 80s or before.

Comment

The earliest I can recall off hand was Clueless in 1995 and Primary Colors in 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopo View Post
          I sorta wonder if the actor was allowed to choose his own t-shirt, or lobbied the director to use his favorite. Or maybe the director wanted it to be a KU shirt.

Pretty cool. It seems to have happened a lot more in pop culture in the last 10-15 years. Never saw KU gear on screen (PROVE ME WRONG!) in the 80s or before.
          Okay, but it's going to take a lot of time to watch all the Quantum Leap episodes.

Comment

Where's Gravyshanks when you need him?
            Julie Benz had a role on Buffy and Angel.
            Julie was married to one of Gravy's acquaintances...and is somehow friends with Julia Campbell, who is married to a friend of Gravy's.
            So maybe that is where the KU connection comes from?

BTW Gravy, I am still waiting for the autographed picture signed by Julia and Julie that I tried to get you to consider sending me as a surprise x-mas gift :devilish::cool::p

Disclaimer - Just what I remember off a couple of posts in December. I am NOT trying to say Gravy and I go back quite a ways, or that I know his friends. His friends are the isht. Mine suck.

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
              The earliest I can recall off hand was Clueless in 1995 and Primary Colors in 1998.
              That's about what I was thinking -- the Middle Roy Years.

Comment

Working...
              X