Good Rewards Credit Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Rewards Credit Card?

I only carry one credit card and my debit card. The credit card that I currently have was closed by the company because I didn't "agree to new service terms". I had been a member with them for 5 years. So I cold open up a new card with them (the one I have now uses ThankYou Rewards) or open one with a new company.

I usually only use my points to get Best Buy gift cards but I'm interested in maybe getting one that could get me airline miles.

Anyone have any good recommendations?

Costco Amex + Costco executive membership = double cash back.

Comment

I have that for my business already.

Comment

I've heard starwoods cards are excellent

I just got a Citi American Airlines card....spend $1500 in 6 months and get 75K miles

Comment

Monthly fee on that Joe?

Comment

Credit cards = FTL

Comment

I'm looking at the Southwest Visa card atm. Looks like you get 20k bonus points after the first purchase. Looks like enough for a round trip flight.

Comment

monthly fees on the Starwoods or the Citi

there's an annual fee on the Citi, but waived the first year

can't speak to the starwoods...I have a buddy that can recommend you and I think it gets points for you both

Comment

I love the Amazon card, but I'm a CC n00b

Comment

Originally posted by BetterThanMost View Post
                    I love the Amazon card, but I'm a CC n00b

Tell me more. I spend obscene sums of money on Amazon.

Comment

I have a Best Buy MC and have all of my monthly expenditures (gym, utilities, phone -basically every bill I get) charge to that card automatically. Then I make one big payment each month and get Best Buy gift certificates as rewards. Then I get to buy toys without my wife complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopo View Post
                        Credit cards = FTL
                        Only for those that can't control spending. For others, it's a good little extra bit of "income". Well over $1k in rewards last year alone.

Comment

3x points on anything purchased off Amazon, 2x on restaraunts/gas, 1x on everything else. no fee

Originally posted by filmfanatic24 View Post
                          Tell me more. I spend obscene sums of money on Amazon.

Comment

Any new suggestions on this front?

I have a Chase Freedom card, where you get 1% back on everything and 5% back on products that fall on under quarterly rotating categories. For example, one quarter might be home improvement, another might be groceries, etc. When I first signed up a couple years ago, it was 2% off gas and groceries and 1% off everything else, but then they kicked in the new system I just described and I've found that most of it doesn't pertain to me all that much. They also started a monthly fee, which I don't like.

I always pay my bill in full, so I'm looking for something without any kind of extra fees and good yearlong rewards. And competent customer service/billing.

Comment

Working...
                            X