I converted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I converted

I now own an Android Phone. HTC Inspire.

I have gone through and snagged all the apps I used to use on my iphone and loaded those. Now, what else am I missing?

I Have:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Pandora
    Flixter
    Kindle
    ESPN Score
    Dropbox
    Bank of America
    Angry Birds
    Paper toss
    Solitaire
    WordsWithFriends

I am currently using Picasa Tool to access my pictures, however I would really like a smoother way of integrating. It seems the default Picture app will sync with Flikr, however a certain Evolve told me to go with Picasa, so I hope he has a solution.

You weak man.

So you converted over and look at all the new things you have.

Comment

Originally posted by filmfanatic24 View Post
      You weak man.

Be silent heathen

Comment

Originally posted by filmfanatic24 View Post
        You weak man.

Lol film. I was merely listing the apps I always used on my iPhone. All my regulars are Android too. I was asking what other apps should I get that I am not aware of that are Android specific.

I must say I love the widgets.

Comment

Alright.... I have had the phone for a day now. Played with it and have a few issues. Debating switching back to my iPhone (luckily this phone didn't cost me anything).

CONS:
          For all the "it can do flash" talk, it can't watch certain things I could on my iPhone. Mainly netflix.

I know if I ROOT it some things I don't like can be changed, however
          - I don't like the spacing of the icons. Its the same count (4 per row, 4 rows) as an iPhone on a MUCH bigger screen so everything is so spread out.

- Don't like how the names are displayed under the icons. On the iPhone the developer was limited in characters so the design was kept clean. Having names that are too long and get cuttoff is an eye sore.

- The browser is ok. It doesn't handle Popouts at all so using Chat on this site sucks.

PROS:
          - I LOVE the integration with Gmail. (Accept I have to use a widget to get an "unread message indicator")

- Widgets are nice.

- Screen quality is fantastic.

SOOOOOOO..... I either need to root this thing or I need someone to show me the "awesome power" of Android. Otherwise the OS feels like a bad blend of WinMobile and a Blackberry. For all of iOS's deficiencies, it was a VERY clean look (which works for my OCD).

Comment

Originally posted by ICThawk View Post
            Alright.... I have had the phone for a day now. Played with it and have a few issues. Debating switching back to my iPhone (luckily this phone didn't cost me anything).

CONS:
            For all the "it can do flash" talk, it can't watch certain things I could on my iPhone. Mainly netflix.

I know if I ROOT it some things I don't like can be changed, however
            - I don't like the spacing of the icons. Its the same count (4 per row, 4 rows) as an iPhone on a MUCH bigger screen so everything is so spread out.

- Don't like how the names are displayed under the icons. On the iPhone the developer was limited in characters so the design was kept clean. Having names that are too long and get cuttoff is an eye sore.

- The browser is ok. It doesn't handle Popouts at all so using Chat on this site sucks.

PROS:
            - I LOVE the integration with Gmail. (Accept I have to use a widget to get an "unread message indicator")

- Widgets are nice.

- Screen quality is fantastic.

SOOOOOOO..... I either need to root this thing or I need someone to show me the "awesome power" of Android. Otherwise the OS feels like a bad blend of WinMobile and a Blackberry. For all of iOS's deficiencies, it was a VERY clean look (which works for my OCD).
            LOL at the icon spacing. It's a bigger/better screen with a similar # of icons but now you complain about the spacing since you've had the iPhone for much longer than a day. If this is one of your top CONS then you are stretching to find a reason to return it. GMAIL, GOOGLE integration far outweighs any of the CONS you listed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawk1977 View Post
              LOL at the icon spacing. It's a bigger/better screen with a similar # of icons but now you complain about the spacing since you've had the iPhone for much longer than a day. If this is one of your top CONS then you are stretching to find a reason to return it. GMAIL, GOOGLE integration far outweighs any of the CONS you listed.
              FANBOY ALERT!!!!!!! Chill bro, I was merely asking if there was a way to change it. Having a much larger screen, you would think I'd be able to have more icons and such, seeing as the icons are the same size. I don't care for the overly spaced out look.

In regards to gmail integration, I love that. I don't understand why there isn't a way to connect Picasa (googles photo service) though. With that said, I want to stay with Android. The reason I switching he'd was the gmail, larger and better screen, and supposed better.browsing experience. So, netflix is a big deal to me. I also wish there was a way to watch Hulu's free service.

But feel free to keep jumping down my throat, instead if trying to make my experience better. Personally it seems the Android Fanboys are no better than the Mac ones.

Comment

Call me an Apple Fanboy, but I like the look of the iPhone (and the MacOS) - everything is clean and uniform.

Of course, I'm not someone who needs to modify phones and computers; I'm happy with basic functionality.

Comment

well, ICT, with the ADW launcher, you can mod that

I believe you can put up to ten columns and ten rows

I think that would look weird though

Comment

I finally got my first smart phone as well. Just went and got the Atrix. This is gonna take me a while to get used to.

Comment

Originally posted by ICThawk View Post
                      FANBOY ALERT!!!!!!! Chill bro, I was merely asking if there was a way to change it. Having a much larger screen, you would think I'd be able to have more icons and such, seeing as the icons are the same size. I don't care for the overly spaced out look.

In regards to gmail integration, I love that. I don't understand why there isn't a way to connect Picasa (googles photo service) though. With that said, I want to stay with Android. The reason I switching he'd was the gmail, larger and better screen, and supposed better.browsing experience. So, netflix is a big deal to me. I also wish there was a way to watch Hulu's free service.

But feel free to keep jumping down my throat, instead if trying to make my experience better. Personally it seems the Android Fanboys are no better than the Mac ones.
                      Not a fanboy really, just like dislike the typical Apple response of "It's a better phone, but ..."

There are plenty of apps to download for a seamless Picasa integration. Just pick the one you like best.

Comment

well I loaded AW Launcher. MUCH happier as I am now familiar enough to make changes. 5 Rows, 5 columns, with a 5 icon dock at the bottom. Took off the Icon labels. MUCH HAPPIER now. Also got rid of the scrolling wallpaper stuff.

In terms of Picasa integration help me out. I have Picasa Tool but not sure if I like it. I really wish there was jsut a nice integration with the Gallery. Perhaps an auto sync feature or something. any ideas?

Comment

mine does...not sure what I did special as I set it up over a year ago

but when I fired up my xoom and logged in to my email, all the pics are there

have you loaded them online on your gmail account? might help

Comment

ICT you will have to root the phone for HULU free service. #WORTHIT

Comment

once you get used to it a few more days ICT, I'll help you pimp it out completely

Comment

Working...
                              X