Teach me about Torrents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teach me about Torrents

Teach me oh wise people. Also show me how I can stream them to my PS3. kthxbai. :glasses:

Get Vuze, profit.

Comment

Originally posted by filmfanatic24 View Post
      Get Vuze, profit.
      Free or Plus?

Comment

Free is all you need

Comment

WTF would you get Vuze?

uTorrent FTW

Comment

Vuze allows streaming to devices...honestly speaking out of ignorance

does uTorrent?

and Vuze is nice cause you can search for torrents within the client

Comment

Installing Vuze now. Will it stream to my PS3?

Comment

What kind of things can I now download? When should I expect the FBI to arrive?

Comment

All sorts of things, just start searching. You can drag anything you have downloaded over the PS3 on the left hand side and it will convert it for use on the PS3 (if it isn't already).

I can't remember the exact setting in there to let you stream, but I think they make it pretty easy. After it's enabled you will see Vuze pop up on the PS3

Comment

Just delete it out of your client as soon as it's done

and read votes and some comments....I only go for new stuff...the Green, Orange, Red bar on the right seems to be a good guage for me

do not delete from computer though

then I set up a folder elsewhere and move the file there....I don't leave crap in the DL folder

Comment

Yeah, if it's in your download folder and not deleted from the Vuze library (read: not from your computer) you will start seeding it to others for download. While this is how torrents work it's also where you can get in trouble.

Comment

Basically, I use it for TV shows...so I have a TV folder....and then separate by shows, etc

I have a GIANT DVR

Comment

Always read the comments on torrents. There are some torrents posted that are not what they seem and are tarps. Make sure you download a torrent with a lot of seeds. I once downloaded a Porsche 911, it took WEEKS.

Comment

Working...
                          X